BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy has a scout that he used his A/C compressor for on board air. my question is does any Compressor work? i got permission to use the one out of my wifes Geo. but i dont know if it will put out the air power i need for air tools....

------------------
I am looking for a Dana 60 and a FF Corp 14 bolt. also need a NP 205. i am in So. Cali. but i can pay shipping.

1974 blazer. lowered 2 inches due to spring sag, running 33'2 BFG AT. some day to be 8 inches taller an all growed up. i am all bout 39.5's..... : )

·
Registered
391 Posts
The best ones to look for are York compressors, they have there own oil reserve. Most A/C pumps use a lubricant inline,but when you pump air you have to supply the oil yourself.Your best bet would be to check out local junkyards and try to find a York.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do i identify a york compressor?

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Here's a web page which has the service manual for the York (www.ccicompressor.com/SrvcManl). If you pick one up, note that there are 3 different displacements, as well as right or left hand discharge. Consider your mounting arrangement before buying one (voice of experience here!) The other types of compressors are the standard cylinder type -- and need oil to be provided in the air intake. www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/yorkair has a very good writeup about installing a york compressor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.