BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Own a 2000 2 WD GMC Sierra.,installed a FabTech 3" suspension lift on her.
I am not a true blue 4wheeler or Mudder per say...
but I like to indulge in ruffing it @ my brother's ranch.
Which is not that often I have to say....
Dilema is...I want to be practical...
but...I also want some tires that look aggressive and mean.
I've heard that if I make the expense of the BFG MT's...
I will not get more than 25000 miles out of them if
I use them on the street and highway.
Bad thing is that I drive on the freeway approx. 30 miles a day to from work.
But then again "I love the way the BFG MT's Look."
Any opinions on the subject.
I'm all EARS!
Yes....I can take constructive criticism.
Thanx..................................................

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well depending on your definition of "roughing" it, these tires will probably do everything you want them to. Personally i would say that an all terrain tire would do what you need just as well. The BFG all terrains will most likely make you happy, and will last alot longer.

But if you can afford them go with the muds..........or ship them to me and i'll use them :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
did i read that correct???? you lifted your 2wd? thats hillariuos yet sweet! you going to put a locker in it too?:D

anyways, ive heard a properly inflated and rotated bfg m/t can last upto 75,000k or about 45,000 miles. alot is dependent on how you drive and use/abuse them. if youre looking for an agressive looking yet streetable tread, you may also want to look at the mickey thompson baja belted.

·
Registered
387 Posts
highly recommened!!! the new km's look very sweet!! it comes down to how you drive? drive your truck like a sports car you will get 15000km's! inflate them right, drive them like a granny and u will get 75 000km +!!
i run the new km's and love them, do not get the bfg all terrian!!! they SUCK!

every thought about the baja widetrack? (kal tire brand), CHEEP and grip awsome

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
REPLY to Boggin Toy

Thanx to all who responed to my dilema, kinda made up my mind with you'alls help. As to why on the toyota site...well I've gotten more reponses from Toyota owners than chevy or ford. Seems toyota drivers are more serious bout their offroadn'.
Thanx a mill.
BFG MT's is what I'll get.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: REPLY to Boggin Toy

Sierra55 said:
As to why on the toyota site...well I've gotten more reponses from Toyota owners than chevy or ford. Seems toyota drivers are more serious bout their offroadn'.
BFG MT's is what I'll get.
Nah...it's just that the chevy and ford drivers are all out wheelin'....:D

·
Registered
418 Posts
you call that a tire!

just buggin' I had mudders on my rig beforeI discovered the new goodyear wrangler mt/r's.they got gription on wet pavement.never hurts to check out all your options

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would highly recommend them. I have been running them since December on snow, wet, rock and mud. I really enjoy these tires and I haven't had any problems or complaints about them yet.

·
Registered
267 Posts
is that the bfg m/t's or the wrangler m/ts your recomending

right now i'm leaing towards the wrangler because bfg's only go up to 35 on a 15in rim.

wear isn't too big of an issue, i'd be happy if i got 30,000 out of a set

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
BFG mud terrain... you mean krawlers? hahahha thats what i got and they work and are wearing really well.

I've have/had two sets of mud kings(basically same thing as a BGF M/T) and they wear great, and also work really well. They are also a little cheaper then the BFG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts