BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone install the OTT Sidekick Manual Trans and T-Case in you short wheel base Samurai? I have the 1.6L Sidekick engine in my Samurai. However, I want to have dual T-Case set up. Hopefully, someone try it before and able to answer my question.:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think that if the OTT guys are on this board it would be great if they could answer this question.
I have the same question, sort of. Is the dual transfer case for a sidekick transmission and transfer case in a sidekick?
When I last checked their website it held no information whatsoever to explain the thing.
I have'nt been able to find anyone to explain it to me either and there is no phone number on the website.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Some info

First off, I'm not Rick or Chris or Ben :D

But here's some info:

1) The OTT "kicker" mates the Sidekick Tcase to the Samurai Tcase. This means you use a Sidekick Engine, Transmission and Tcase (cuz the Tcase and tranny are married in the Sidekick). This will give you an extra 80% reduction in double low.

2) It does fit in a SWB Samurai as it eliminates (or drastically shortens) the little shaft connecting the Tranny and Tcase in the Zuk. You may have to fiddle with your rear driveshaft and willl definately have to play with an axe and hammer on your tranny tunnel.

3) If this isn't what you want, tell 'em what you want, they are great fabricators and can probably make it. They ain't cheap, but they're the best.

4) last I heard they were re-tooling or moving or something like that so there was a fair wait to get their products.

All this info. is available other places on the web. Try www.pirate4x4.com but do a search first. Pook on this board (and on pirate) recently built a zuki buggy with some of their stuff.

Lastly you can email the OTT crew... addresses should be on their website.

This is what I know, but keep in mind you get what you pay for... and you paid me squat :D

David

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey I want to do the same thing. I have the 1.6 in my Zuke and want a bigger clutch, stronger trans, and another t-case. The kicker is the key. I already have my Tracker tranny and t-case sitting here. I emailed Rick with a few questions about the zuke t-case location, after the swap, on Thursday and I'm now waiting for a reply. I'll let you know what he tells me.:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Joof, the 'kick shifter sits approx. 5 - 6" further back than the stock Samurai 5- speed .

if you're doing the Kicker range box to toyota conversion ( Kicker2)
the shifter for the sidekick range box exits to the right of the stock sidekick 5 - speed shifter, the toy t-case shifter is 4 -5" behind the tranny shifter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts