BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the way to mount an oxy sensor is industry standard or would they be different?

Been quoted just over $400 for the dealer part $200 from Lordco for a bosch.

Arent they pretty much all the same? I do know there are single and 4 wire styles, mine being single. Just though I may be able to find something off a celica or supra at the wreckers?

------------------
TOY`s Phoenix Gold Car Audio webpage

·
Registered
376 Posts
I do not know if they all mount the same or if they are the same thread pitch or diameter chances are they are. What may trip you up is the connectors they are most likely different from year and model. You can not cut off the end of one and splice it on another. Why? because the sensors sample atmosphere thru the wire casing and connector. This is why quite often sensors have not actually failed they just are mud packed and the sensor can not tell the difference between what is in the exh. and atmos.. Want to get really technical? The sensor actually acts like a battery and if it can not sample air at bothsides then it can not generate a voltage and will apear slow or inop on a scanner. Big difference in samples = hi voltage .9v low difference = .2v approx. this is how the ecm can trim the air/fuel ratio. Am I long winded or what? Goodnight!

------------------
Me Tarzan u ? Favorite tool?
Monkey wrench!
I am the original shade tree mechanic

·
Registered
133 Posts
toyrantula sorry to confuse you but my 88 4runners oxy sensor was located ummm I forget the exact spot but the wires for it ran through the floor under the drivers seat and to the exaust also it had 4 wires, now my 85`s oxy sensor only has 2 wires and its all located at the bottom of the stock exaust manifold the wires for it run up connect somewhere beside the coil, canadian tire has a universal fit oxy sensor (2 wired one) adapter plate direct bolt on that works fine for around $70, hope this helps you.

------------------
If you build it they will come.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts