BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Sapperton Fish and Game is looking at scheduling a set of courses in the next month or two. We don't quite have the numbers yet to run the course
The PAL (and RPAL if you want it) runs M - T - W (Th for RPAL) 7pm to around 10 PM with the test on the following Saturday.
The core is two weeks, M,T, W, same hours, and depending on the class size we sometimes add more time to it.

If you are interested or want more information give me a shout. Probably best by email as I don't come here as regularly as I used to. I know there was someone from this site who contacted me regarding courses just a little while ago.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just typed this out for one member so here it is for all of you:

We run the PAL course first, it is 3 consecutive days, mon - wed, 7PM till 10PM. If you want the RPAL, that is covered on Thursday. Test is typically done on the following Saturday morning.

Depending on timing, shortly after we would run the Core course. Last time we taught it it was 2 weeks M-T-W, same hours with the test on the Saturday morning again.

Last time we taught it it was $115.00 for the Core, including the book to keep.
I think the PAL was $100.00, and the RPAL was $60.00, and we lend you the book (you don't really need to keep the book so the club owns them).

I don't do the money for the courses so I could be out a bit but that is close if I am wrong.

The PAL has 3 instructors usually, making for a good student/instructor ratio (I am one of the instructors)

The RPAL has 2 instructors (not me)

The CORE has 2 main instructors, and a couple of others who may come and teach parts of it depending on availability (I am one of the instructors)

The course is run at our Range in Queens Park, New West. It is taught by volunteers, all the proceeds go towards club activities, stream keeping and junior Range activities.

If you have particular questions let me know. If you want to sign up, or put your name on a waiting list call

(removed)

Thanks for your interest,

James

·
Registered
451 Posts
i already have my PAL and rPAL but would be intrested in the CORE course depending on the dates you where planning to offer them.

also what are your range fee's for non members? i need to scope in my SKS and a range is alot safer/better for sighting a rifle than the woods.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also what are your range fee's for non members? i need to scope in my SKS and a range is alot safer/better for sighting a rifle than the woods.
The range is a 22 single shot indoor range only. That is what it is licenced for. There is no drop in fee. You can come twice for free (other than the cost of bullets). After that we ask you to join the club. A family yearly membership is $70.00, Junior is $25.00 and a single is $55.00? (I think).

James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.