BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you who have an onboard air set-up, utilizing a YORK COMPRESSOR... I am in the process of taking apart an 87 Volvo... what parts do I need off of the vehicle to set-up ONBOARD AIR!!!

thanks for any help!

pete:D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Huh? Sorry Pete, you'll have to excuse my ignorance, but what does a Volvo have to do with onboard air? Please explain. Thx.

·
Registered
465 Posts
volvo has the longest stoke ( 10 ) and is best vechile to use for air compressor.. well i suggest ya take the hoses and the york
thats all i can think of.. i have one out of ford car.. still hvent installed it onmy truck.. need to buy the regulator and few other stuff..

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Yup, just take the compressor and the hoses. Not much else worth taking. If the vehicle it's going into doesn't have a factory bracket that will work with your York, also take the bracket from the Volvo just in case it can be adapted to work in the destination vehicle.

I just mounted my York last night after fixing its valves. For my Jeep I had to make my own bracket and idler pulley mount.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
465 Posts
hey larry could i take a look at your setup sometime later on.. before i actually mount mine on..
i think my mounting should be easier since i have chevy 350 and there is shi*load of brackets for it

·
Chump
624 Posts
The York kicks ass....

I have had mine for about 2.5 years with no problems.

I want another one to put in our Explorer. I don't wheel the Exploder but I think onboard air would be handy in any vehicle (for camping, etc, etc).

I just can't convince the wife to let me mount a York in our Civic :p

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
this is a pic of my bracket that i use to mount my 10" stroke york in my jeep. it is fully adjustable vertically so you can ensure you have a tight v-belt. contact my off line if you want more info on them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for der help guys!...

he he... me and my limited mech knowledge... the PICTURES help a whole bunch CORN... thanks...

ok... so yank the York... hoses and the clamp... that's all?:confused:

·
Registered
118 Posts
anyone know where I could pick up a 10CI york near naniamo on vancouver island???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts