BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My power windows in my 85 Blazer K5 are becoming slow?? the driver side is fine until half way down it gets slow, and now my passenger side is very slow from the top?? what's going on here?? has anyone else had this problem, i've heard it's pretty common? thanks in advance

------------------
It's notugly, it's a beautiful work in progress, and yes the rust is supposed to be there!

·
Registered
183 Posts
ive had the same problem too in my camaro and i just lived with it it should last for quite a while

------------------
81 3/4 ton chevy w/ 7" susp lift & 3" body lift
NEW 35" mud-terrains, pro-comp off-road lights
OH DID I MENSION I HAVE AN alarm!?
<SPORTIN A CHEVY> <BeCaUsE Im SiLlY lIkE tHaT!!!>

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that blows, looks like i'm gonna swap in the manual windows, power is a pain anyway

------------------
It's notugly, it's a beautiful work in progress, and yes the rust is supposed to be there!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i've always had bad luck with anything power in a vehicle so why not do the easiest thing and get rid of it?? Then all it takes is a couple of real cheap parts to fix anything that goes wrong??

------------------

·
Registered
79 Posts
Don't give up on the motor's yet. Usually the grease Chev used from the factory turns thick and sticky over time, add gruit and dirt and eventually the works get too gummed up to work properly.
Disassemble what you can then clean and lube every moving part. If the motor is weak this will make them last a lot longer, but I think you'll find the window's will work fine again after you clean and relube the mechanism.

Rene

------------------
God hates a coward!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, that'd be a little cheaper for sure, i'll give it a try on my next day off

------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts