BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, a couple stupid questions here...

1) How does the PCV valve come off? I tried to remove it to check it the other day and I can't seem to pull it off. Just keep yanking?

2) My rear springs are sagged pretty much flat now. I added rear shackles already and it makes the truck look a little more level, but I was thinking about getting some springs to bring it up about 2 inches so the distance from wheelwell to rim is about equal. So, what do I have for options and what are the costs?
- rearching: heard that this just sags again pretty quick
- new springs: any idea what these would cost? I guess I would just need stock springs that haven't sagged yet?

Thanks in advance
S

------------------
88 4runner, 22RE with some minor stuff done to it

·
Registered
12 Posts
pcv- keep yank'n, it will come out. infact, it should come out very easily

springs- get a new or better looking set from a wrecker/friend etc. or even add a 2" block. new springs from toyota, big $$$$.

·
1,269 Posts
Are your distances from the wheelwell to tire the same front and back? I know on my truck the front is an inch or two higher.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it's an inch or two higher at the front. I was trying to get it so that they are even front and back

------------------
88 4runner, 22RE with some minor stuff done to it

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm pretty sure that with stock springs, Toyotas have more space in the front fenders than in the back. The front fenders are just cut a bit higher than the rear by an inch or two, so yours might not be sagging all that much.
Of course in my case, the rear springs are pretty unhappy lookin, and my front wheel wells have like 4 inches more space in them. All I can say is it's time for my Chevy's to go in...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by burnt03:
Alright, a couple stupid questions here...

1) How does the PCV valve come off? I tried to remove it to check it the other day and I can't seem to pull it off. Just keep yanking?

2) My rear springs are sagged pretty much flat now. I added rear shackles already and it makes the truck look a little more level, but I was thinking about getting some springs to bring it up about 2 inches so the distance from wheelwell to rim is about equal. So, what do I have for options and what are the costs?
- rearching: heard that this just sags again pretty quick
- new springs: any idea what these would cost? I guess I would just need stock springs that haven't sagged yet?

Thanks in advance
S
See Toyota for sale-rear springs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts