·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
1,269 Posts
Nice pics leo! 2 questions:
What'd you score on the ramp?
Image19 - why is that badass lookin runner winching up that tame looking (from here anyways
) hill?

------------------
86 toyota, 6", 35s, and a garage full of parts.
Mods? Well I hold my CV boots together with zap-straps.

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
Nice pics leo! 2 questions:
What'd you score on the ramp?
Image19 - why is that badass lookin runner winching up that tame looking (from here anyways
) hill?
I scored a 528 on the ramp. Not bad for a Ranger with IFS.

Pictures never do justice. The hill was pretty steep and very loose. Most of the 15 trucks on the trail ride had very little difficulty getting up the hill. The runner in that photo had just gotten a new suspension, so it was a little stiff and also the tires needed to be aired down even further. The truck was built up more for mud than anything else.

Leo
...a member of the Herd of Turtles 4WD Society
www.hot.alloffroad.com

------------------
2001 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab. 4.0L V6, 5-spd auto, 4.10 l/s, Off-Road Package, BFG Mud Terrains, RadioShack CB/Wilson Flex 4' antenna, custom rocksliders, custom dents and West Coast pinstriping.

[This message has been edited by 1badfordtruck (edited October 02, 2001).]

·
Silverback
1,270 Posts
Nice pics, Leo.

I hear that the new by-laws have been passed and I can now actually have a vote at general meetings!!

Power to the people.....so this is what it feels like to be enfranchised!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent work and choices ALL!

(And a big thanks to Mark Tener for actually sitting down putting the by-law puzzle together so that they better serve the Association)

------------------
DMMcG
'98 XJ

·
Registered
352 Posts
Looks like Trevor Tarry`s (sp?) runner. Too much air pressure in this big tires. More of a mud running vehicle than a hill climber.

Real loose rock with a decent size washout in the trail system.That pic looked like a long uphill right hander that had the washout on the low (right) side of the trail.

I think the only casuality was the red CJ7. He lost a muffler.

Chris Susut scored the big one on the RTI somewhere near upper 800`s low 900`s. I brought up the very bottom at 451. IFS SUCKS !!! heh,heh.

Great pics....THANKS
------------------
TOY`s Phoenix Gold Car Audio webpage

[This message has been edited by Toyrantula (edited October 01, 2001).]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey GuyZ,
Just using Craigs computer here. Vic here with the orange Zuk. Just wanted to thank ya'll fo the invite on the trip! Good to see those of you I havent seen for awhile (Wes, Ty, ... Others...) and meet those I haven't met before! I had a blast! Look forward to abusing the Zuk more!!he he There wasn't anyone there to measure my ramp but I did manage to put my rear tire to the bottom of the ramp..... =;-) Is that not 1000¿
Anyway Hope to see you some of you out on the trails soon!
Vic

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Vic, if your tire hit the mesh, yep you went past a 1000 as our mesh starts 6-8 inches up from "zero".

Good seeing you again.
Wes

------------------
...a member of the herd
www.hot.alloffroad.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.