BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of going to a 32x9.5ish or 235/85R16 size tires for less wander on the road and better winter driving. I would go taller but don't have a lift yet. I realize that they won't look as 'mean' as wider tire but I am willing to sacrifice the looks for practicality. I was just wondering if ayone had any good pics of an 89-95 on sorta this size tire?

Also what would be a good width rim for something that narrow? I have the stock steels and they are ugly, but most afermarkets are like 8", is that too wide for a 9.5ish tire?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
first off, i don't believe any toyota's in that year range came on 16" wheels and a 32x9.50R15 (or equal metric size) doesn't exist for 15" wheels. a 5" wide wheel should be able to take a 9.5" tire, 8" would be the max. you should be able to find lots of aftermarket 15(or 16)x7 wheels.

------------------
it's a jeep thing, no one understands...

·
1,269 Posts
If they don't make a 32x9.5r15 they must make a 32x10.5r15. (I'm just taking a guess at that just so you know.)

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by SizzleChest:
first off, i don't believe any toyota's in that year range came on 16" wheels and a 32x9.50R15 (or equal metric size) doesn't exist for 15" wheels.
Hense the 235/85R16. I know that the 16" rims aren't stock but 235/85r16s (=31.7x9.3) are easy to find, and since I am looking at buying new rims anyway size is sorta irelevent. I know what sizes are available in what tires, all I want is to see som pics if anyone has them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts