BC 4x4 Forums banner

Pics of the 4Runner

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Dave Gio 
#1 ·
Well, yesterday I took the GF up to stave (we were going to the look out w/the rock shelf). I was up there on thrusday, and when I went back on Sunday, the road was closed. They're fixing 2 bridges and the guy said it wouldn't be open for about a week. She brought the digi camera along...

#2 ·
Playing in the dry creek bed:

#7 ·
Baby Joe said:
What in the hell?! Your truck's paint ran away!
Huh?? I'm assuming you mean the new Canadian Tire Black Saphire (dark blue) paint job :D

Yeah I painted it a few weeks ago, and the CAT yellow skid plate is now "Turf Green"... People keep telling me its a bit much, what do you guys think?

#9 ·
IMO, paint the skidder black, and ditch those prissy silvery wheels for some black steelies. Stealth 4Runner....

Oh yeah, I forgot the obligatory "Your girlfriend's pretty damn hot" in my earlier post.

PS: She got any sisters in the 17-21 age group? Have jeep, will travel.... to her house.

#11 ·
personal opinion I s'pose, but I think that when you add a new color to any vehicle you have to use that color in more than one spot.. just so that the one big spot that you have used that color doesn't stand out as much. (i.e. paint the fender flares, and maybe the handles now that they're not chrome anymore, etc etc) Accentuate man.. point out certain features.. that's what detailing is all about.

Keep in mind though, that green is a really easy color to over-do, so you might want to use a different color. Just my $.02

#12 · (Edited)
did you drive through abbotsford on sunday yesterda y i think i seen you i drove right past you and floored it, what kind of gas milage you get in that, and what body lift did you do, 35's ar enice i can fit 33's with only a 2 inch lift and then the a-arms are coming . we should go do some trails in the fall

#14 ·
Baby Joe said:
IMO, paint the skidder black, and ditch those prissy silvery wheels for some black steelies. Stealth 4Runner....

Oh yeah, I forgot the obligatory "Your girlfriend's pretty damn hot" in my earlier post.

PS: She got any sisters in the 17-21 age group? Have jeep, will travel.... to her house.
I hear ya man, I've wanted to get some wagon wheels and paint em' black (for my wheeling rims)... Now that the whole thing is darkblue/black the black wheels would be kick ass.

I be sure to pass on the compliment to the gf :D

oh and sorry, no sisters, just a younger brother.

#18 ·
Jordan said:

Right Click, Save As, :*******
Hillarious, I told her "I need to take a pic of you doing something with the truck so I can post it on the BB." Yeah, the pic was totally staged, but does it really matter :D

#19 ·
steve25 said:
did you drive through abbotsford on sunday yesterda y i think i seen you i drove right past you and floored it, what kind of gas milage you get in that, and what body lift did you do, 35's ar enice i can fit 33's with only a 2 inch lift and then the a-arms are coming . we should go do some trails in the fall
Yeah, I was in abby on my way to stave (had to pick up some ATF at Canuck Tire). The gf must have been distracting me, otherwise I would have seen you.

I get about 16-19 mpg. (I keep all my gas reciepts and write down the mileage)
I have 4" suspension lift and a 2" custom body lift.

#20 ·
Dan Martz said:
we were at stave................ you shoulda came with us;)
I didn't get there til after 3pm, it was suppost to be a "sight seeing" trip, but as I said the damn road was out.

I cut off my bump stop brackets on the front end to make lower profile ones and they are too low now, so I have to be super careful. (Need to do some fender/seem trimming) I think if I'd rolled out with you guys I would have gotten worked. Most of my projects this summer have been so I can keep up with you guys and not kill my 'Runner :D only problem is I haven't finished them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.