BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the concept of urban wheeling is taboo, and that it casts a bad light on the 4x4 community, but do Pipeline service roads fit under this category?

basically what i'm asking is, if "hypothetically" i were to know where a fun looking pipeline road was, would it be a bad thing to drive on it, considering it's not really urban, but it's also not an FSR...

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Yes, they also fit in this catagory along with hydro right of ways.

For the most part the right of ways are private property and are posted no trespassing, but that is for liability reasons. Unofficially, you are free to use the right of ways as that helps keep them clear for maintenance crews. I have used many out in the back country.

BUT, all that goes out the window within city limits. Just because it can be a grey issue, not to mention the bad image it presents. I know there are several interesting right of ways in BBY and Coquitlam, but they are off limits.

If in doubt, stay out.

Wes

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, what if this particular road was in Port Moody?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
It depends is the answer. I am pretty sure I know the one you mean and I am sure it is restricted to company vehicles and the trials bikes that have written authorization and agreements to use it.

Wes

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So i guess taking a run up there would probably be a bad idea?

I don't see any signs saying restricted access...

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Is there not a gate, ditch, rock, or some other form of access restriction? I am not refering to the bypasses.

Wes

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Concrete barrier across one point. there is sort of a bypass where somebody went around it...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but... but..butbut... it looks like FUN!!!

I know. i know. can't do it.:(

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
LOL.....I know the feeling. It sucks that there are so many fun little trails that we can't go and use.

Hopefully, due to the hard work of Jeff Steiger, Andrew Walters, Rafael Swieczyk , and the support of the 4WDABC, The Eagle Ridge Key program will be successfull, and then maybe we will be ably to use this same sort of program to re-open other fun areas that have been closed off to us.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So what's the official reason we're not allowed to use the trails?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Trespassing. This is private property. The barricades are likely there for one reason: vandalism. A few made it bad for the many.

Wes

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bastards. I find beurocrats don't like to re-build trust...

·
Registered
26 Posts
saxonthebeach said:
Bastards. I find beurocrats don't like to re-build trust...
Ha! Ha! Good one! I guess we also have to police ourselves!? We see crap going down we have to speak up, i guess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts