BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will cut and paste here Craig Humpries owner of http://www.bajanorth.ca/ comments on a news paper article (here) http://gkweb.gl.atl.publicus.com/ar.../-1/KAMLOOPS01/lake-wants-probe-on-suv-safety in the Kamloops Daily News about a fatal crash.
Here is the headline I woke up to in the Kamloops Daily News this morning. ALTERED TRUCKS AT ISSUE IN DEADLY ACCIDENT you should be able to read it at www.kamloopsnews.ca
I dont mean to demean the fact that 2 children lost their mother in a tragic accident but MLA Terry Lake is doing exactly that by using this tragedy for political means. He said he recently brought concerns about modified trucks to BC's Solicitor General after a constituent focused his attention on the issue.
Let me tell you Terry Lake should be focusing on the fact that Kamloops Hospital RIH has major issues as reported all over BC.(my wife resigned from this part of the hospital 3 years ago and has been trying to bring this issue forward since then only to be ignored)
We are fighting to keep our schools open due to lack of funding.
The other day we had a drunk cop crash his car! Where was Terry Lake then?
We have had 10 people killed in avalanches this year!
He says manufacturers test all these parts and they shouldnt be altered well lets look at the news on that lately and see how perfect the manufactures are. Recall after Recall.
I am researching this more but it appears the vehicle was a single cab chevy pickup (I am going by the pics in the paper and have not confirmed this) The paper said the Mother was killed after being thrown from the pickup and was travelling with an 18 year old man as well as two young children. From what I know a chev pickup only has 3 seatbelts. I dont want to say for sure until I know but it is strong chance not eveyone had belts on. Terry Lake makes no mention of this. Again I dont want to make accusations about the family but Terry Lake is causing this to be a public issue by using it as his political agenda to deflect the real issues facing him and his poor performance as a MLA.
I have checked all my phone books and cant find Terry Lakes phone number if someone can help me with this we can then bombard his office and the offices of all your local MLA's monday morning and stop his irresponsible accusations.
I will be contacting the Kamloops news Monday morning as well as the police officer involved in the paper to get the facts of the accident.(there was multipal accidents that day due to poor road conditions but Terry doesnt seem to talk about the deteriorations of our highways)
It is time for us to all ban together and fight our goverments continuos road towards total control of us as people thru legislation.
I am going to ask Rich and Kelly to put together a protest sticker we can start running on our vehicles. I think it also may be time to try and put some funding together to higher a Lawyer who has an interest in off roading so we can present a strong front to fight these clowns.
I urge everyone to join in we are being programed that we cant change the goverment but if we give up we have lost for sure. I for one have been guilty of this but I have had enough and its time to fight back.
Once we get those phone numbers we will start to fight back.
As you can probably tell my grammar is not great so we need people who can translate our thoughts into legible letters as well as all the shops in BC joining together to show how much money we create in the economy.
I am looking forward to everyones sugestions.
Thanks Craig
250 579 8509 or 250 572 5654

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Its called deflection. The Liberals are in a battle for the HST. You MLA also has serious local issues that aren't being addressed. It's a simple political spin technique to create a new issue to deflect energy from other issues.

I suggest you name the spade with a letter to the editor and suggest that all he is doing is using a tragic accident for political deflection instead of taking care of the real issues in his constituency.

·
Registered
685 Posts
what a clown, IMO there are a lot more vehicles out there that scare me that are not modified 4x4s ive worked in shops doing basic mechanical inspections and had vehicles with metal on metal brakes, loose steering and bad shocks but hey the owner didnt feel like getting it fixed at the moment so back on the road they go and there aint much we could do about it, a ticking time bomb waiting to go off as far as im concerned. i really wonder where these politicians come up with shit schemes.

the unfortunate thing though is its the same as Gun ownership the politicians get all the sheeple from the cities on board and make us out to be inbred ******** and its downhill from there

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
what do you expect from ploticians. just very recently, a wise man told me that politicians are the idiots that could never make a good business man. they lie and creat conflicts to get a pay cheque. they would never survive otherwise.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As I mentioned in my comments on the newspaper article website, I fully support manditory vehicle inspections every 2 years and drivers license testing every 5 years. Like Mud-dog said, I have seen stock vehicles with metal on metal brakes , loose steering, etc. I have even called the ministry on some vehicles...

People may not like VI's every year, but they will like it even less when a loved one is killed by a vehicle that crosses 2 lanes of traffic when braking.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I fully support manditory vehicle inspections every 2 years and drivers license testing every 5 years. Like Mud-dog said, I have seen stock vehicles with metal on metal brakes , loose steering, etc. I have even called the ministry on some vehicles...
I have lived in both Onterrible and BC. Onterrible you have to VI every owner and BC well never. I would like to see the stats, are there less accidents due to mechanical failure in Onterrible or BC (or England (yearly))? I am not sure that we need to do VI every 2 years? Not sure the amount of effort is warrented? Re-testing drivers every 5 years seem like anothe pain. I mean if you pulled it off once...why could you not pull it off again? Think 1 day of drving school every 5 years makes is more logical then re-testing basics?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As I mentioned in my comments on the newspaper article website, I fully support manditory vehicle inspections every 2 years and drivers license testing every 5 years. Like Mud-dog said, I have seen stock vehicles with metal on metal brakes , loose steering, etc. I have even called the ministry on some vehicles...

People may not like VI's every year, but they will like it even less when a loved one is killed by a vehicle that crosses 2 lanes of traffic when braking.
Like to see the stats for failure in non commercial vehicles as the cause of accidents, much more often that is what the cause is for commercial trucks......

·
Registered
230 Posts
Deflection is exactly what this is! I'm so sick of their shi%t and their deflection. They do it all the time and no one buys it! Everyone knows it's a cheap tactic and that it's a scam. They're not even trying to be believable anymore. Just blatant lies and tricks. They're all Bastids !:finger_1:

·
Registered
685 Posts
apparently he has gotten alot of emails from pissed off wheelers, i emailed him and pretty much told him this is a joke and how there are a lot of other vehicles out there that are a bigger problem and so on and if he was gunna go after something he should at least know what hes talking about before he gets into it. Also asked whether seatbelts were being used, if drugs or alcohol were involved and so on and he pretty much said he would look into it further given the feedback he has gotten.

bottom line the guy is a tool.

·
ultimate web wheeler
2,359 Posts
they gotta do something to deflect all the attention from the RCMP drinking & driving cases. makes the gubment look bad y'know? this guy is just talking out of his ass. no way would this pass as law, its complete BS. just like that 'study' ICBC did on JDM vehicles, claiming they're dangerous and more likely to crash.

alcohol, it being legal and readily available at almost anygiven time, poses to be a MUCH more of dangerous threat to drivers than lifted trucks, trucks with the steering wheel on the opposite side, lowered rice burners...etc. i say ban alcohol...i can do without. :) ...but then what will all the cops do on their off time :confused:

·
Registered
571 Posts
...but then what will all the cops do on their off time :confused:
Bootstomp more restrained "criminals" because they are frustrated with life and the fact that they cant drink after work with there job being so stressfull and all... What do you think will come of all this, you think mr lake has figured out hes bit off more then he can chew and just drop it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.