BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come my post count gets stuck some times it take several diferent post under diffrent subjects before my post count changes.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Why have a post count to begin with?

We found on the car audio forums that people want the big post count and make some really dumass posts just to increase their standings?

All sorts of arguments were made to try and keep it around ,but once eliminated the off topic and pure BS posts were really cut way down.

I know it is different here, but whats the reason for keeping a post count?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just wondering if what was my computer or not as it has bee acting up lately.Thanks Lars for your answering my question.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Toyrantula said:
Why have a post count to begin with?

We found on the car audio forums that people want the big post count and make some really dumass posts just to increase their standings?

All sorts of arguments were made to try and keep it around ,but once eliminated the off topic and pure BS posts were really cut way down.

I know it is different here, but whats the reason for keeping a post count?
Good question. We use it 'cuz it's there. I haven't even considered whether it can be turned-off or not.

It's useful sometimes, though, to know if someone is a new user or not. For instance, if someone posts in the wrong forum or writes an inappropriate message, my reaction will be tempered by that person's experience on this board. Newbies will get the benefit of the doubt.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts