BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1987 Jeep YJ, My power brake booster is blown. I was told That I could probably use one off a Cherokee. I would have to switch the push rod. Will it work and what year should I look for.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Jeep is packed with all type of tools and I was heading out to Pick N Pull tomorrow (Sat) Garys is to far Kelowna is a lot closer. So back to my question will a booster from a Cherokee fit a 1987 YJ if I swap push rods?? Help anyone.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I was going to chime in and say "A 1987 YJ booster will fit..." but then I read your signature :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not afraid to try it'. I'm short on time and if someone else has tried it will save me a lot of time. Please help me out someone must have tried it before me.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
arn't they like $60? how much do they want for one at the wrecker in kelowna you are going to? arn't there any wreckers in vernon anymore to get one from? my memory is bad but isn't kelowna a 2 hours drive from mara? seems like along round trip drive plus the price of a tank of gas to get a booster.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for your honesty. How about the rest of you. I leave a 9 am to Pick N pull in Kelowna I need some idea which model to pull from. I have to go to Kelowna anyway and it still cheaper that the wrecker in Vernon $75.00

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just checked its $34.00 for Brake Master Cylinder & Booster at Pick N Pull and $75.00 for just the booster in Vernon If it will work. Much better deal I think.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Get the dual diaphragm booster from a 95 and up XJ. bolts right up to YJ bracket, not sure about the brake lines though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.