BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PICTURE: power stareing pump help *updated*

the seal is on its way and i now know how to get it out.
but this ring, is pissing me off. looking at the ports i still cant fig out how the sucker goes in.

i guess i have a 50/50 chance of getting it right.

any one have na exploded diagram pr a toy power stearing pump?

thx

·
Registered
363 Posts
its easy to change, you dont even have to take the pump out. you have to get the seal directly from toyota. its a little awkward to remove, as its a pretty tight fit. i drilled a small hole in the steel part os the seal, put a sheet metal screw in part way, and pulled with the claw of a small pry bar. there is a bearing directly behind it, so dont drill too far.
as for the other q, i assume you mean the little tapered brass washers that go in the hose fittings? if so, the taper goes to the hose side.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thx alot jermy

im talking about the actial pump innersds. i took off the front of the pump thinking that i might be able to get the seat out form the inside out.

but like you said, you can get it out form thei out side.

inside the pump there is a an outer ring and the center part.
the ring has 4 holes in it. 2 of them go onto the post in the puomp boady the other 2 are crosovr port holes I THINK. the "ring" fits in there both ways, i was wondering if the diAMOND MARKER ON THE RING FACES IN OR OUT???

i will post pictures when i get home form work. i really appresheat the help

thx

·
Registered
363 Posts
i see what you mean now. i suppose saying 'the way it came apart' is to late :D i havent had a need to tear mine apart yet, so i cant say for sure. i had my engine apart today and was going to pull the front off the pump to see, but i didnt have time. looking at your pic, do you mean it goes on two ways left to right (rotated 180 deg) or do you mean two ways, front to back (take it off and flip it over). i assume you mean just rotated 180deg. by the pic, it appears to symetrical, so either way would work. usually if something has to be assembled a certian way, one of those pins would be offset so it can only go one way. theres only one other thing i can think of that might help. you know how meatal slightly discolors over time from crap in the oil. there might be a 'shadow' on the mating parts indicating how it went together. of coarse you probably already cleaned it. the dealership has really good exploded views on their computer which they can print out for you. it might give some indication.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts