BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody run this type of locker?? Good or Bad?? Is there a tire size limit for these lockers?? have you run them in the front or rear or both??

NSOR has them on for $400...is that a good deal??

I am building a 85 runner this winter...5'lift, shackles, 1 inch body, 35 swampers, 22re, and 4.88 if the funds permit.

------------------
When in doubt, gas it out

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have one in my rear and had one in front when I had IFS.Had no problems with them so far and I am running 35s with 5.29s and an 305 only thing I broke was a couple of CV joints.I paid $432 for the one for IFS but already had one in the rear.I figure it would have been cheaper for the rear 8inch one than the IFS one.

------------------
"Born and Bred To Rip and Shred"

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've had mine in the rear for 3 years, no problems. Mine cost me probably 550 after all the shipping, brokerage etc., had to get it from the states. 400 sounds like a good price, the install is super easy, probably 4 hours if you doddle.

------------------
Just because the next guy has frosted tips, an earing, and a jeep doesn't mean you have to!
89 Toy p/u, locked rear, 4.3l on propane, still ifs. Work in progress

G

·
This is all info I've heard, not from personal experience...
The Lockrite is made of harder alloys meaning you can run a larger tire with less worry. The EZlocker installs easier(although the 2 are almost identical), the Lockrite has worse street characteristics (but you can get use to it) the EZlocker functions smoother on street.
Price wise, the EZlocker is usually cheaper.
Most of this info has come from people who have had experience with both.
I know my EZ limits the tire size to 32's in my Sidekick, after that you void the warranty.

[This message has been edited by JC BAZINET (edited March 01, 2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts