BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 78 Blazer (bush bugy) with the corprate 12 bolt rear and dana 44 front, in order to beef up the the running gear what should i look for?i have access to a 14 bolt but I'm not sure if it's sf or ff.should i still make the switch if it's sf?any other good suspension mods are welcome too.
Matthew

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
What size tire are you planning to run and I'm guessing because you said it's going to be a bush buggy that your going to beat on it with no mercy?

Big tire, heavy throttle=D60 front and 14 bolt rear in my books.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Mercy........

tire size i'm thinkin 36" maybe 38's but no more.Ive got the 14 bolt for it but curious as to how the 44 will hold up to the punishment.do i have any other options other than a 60?how about after market axles?
Matthew

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Yup I would start looking for a 60 front. Btw when you really need one you can't find one, as soon as you don't need one you will find a bunch of them and some will be a reasonable price! Ask me how I know!

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you don't drive hard then what you have will run 35's n/p. I hade good luck with that same setup, now I run a 60 front and a eaton rear but I drive like a idiot so you decide

------------------
Speed overcomes open differentials
Dodge/Chevy guy, and whatever's kewl

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why not upgrade to chromoly axles in the D44? Convert the 12 bolt to a Warn ff setup. OK I have the corp 10 bolt front. Is this any good or definatly swap it out ASAP. Please help I have the same questions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh its you
, I wish! im gonna look around up island once more, and then settle for a HP D44 front

I wanna see this beast your building.....

Beer

------------------
Representing Lick Jr as Pres and Proud member of the Shopping Cart Off Road Team.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yah....its me

seems like i spend all my time working on the new thing and less time playing in the jeep.And the more i work on it the worse it looks
still need to put the motor in it to start to play in it

Matthew

[This message has been edited by Mutt (edited January 14, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
My buddy has a 14-bolt FF with 3.73's he's selling. This rear is so common, and generally inexpensive. You can't rebuild a 10 or 12-bolt for what you pay for a good used 14-bolt.

If you like 15" wheels, steel white-spokes are available in 8-lug. Its the last rear end you'll ever need!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.