BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know what a good condition box for an 88 would go for? possibly lookin into buyin a 88 that has a badly rusted out box but everything else is perfect

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have a box for you
i will sell it today. if you want

all the rust was fited about a year ago.
rust is coming back in a few places and the fiberglass has cracked from my 4x4ing everyday.

good box other then the cracked F glass
it is off an 88 LB

i will post pics when i get off work

------------------
email - [email protected]
*WANTED* any used winch or a deal on a new one
-Red 1988 short cab toyata v6 31's 3" lift
-white 1992 dr650s, cobra exaust, jetted, stripped down, 14/47 gearing, trackmaster II's

G

·
Another option is a fiberglass box from Toyota fiberglass in Westbank. They are a pricey option at the 2 grand mark (1600+400 for inner walls) but IMHO if you are keeping your truck for a while it might be worth checking out.

Also, a company in the lower mainland sells Bruzer boxes. Thick wall steel construction and they look wicked. I cannot remember the Bruzer box web addy but Toy fiberglass is...
www.toyotafiberglass.com

Hope this helps.

------------------
88, Stock IFS, and I like it

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
there are rust free boxes in the www.buysell.com ranging fromm $500 - $1000 a little cheaper then $2000

------------------
Sold 85 Toyota extra cab 4x4 2" lift 33" BFG M/T with lots of tire rub!
Wanted 84/85 4runner, needed a few more seats less rust, and a beter FRAME.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by slacker:
and guarenteed to rust ......
If you get a box thats in good shape be sure to re-caulk all the seams with a good quality automotive caulk, both top and bottom, and get thet crappy undercoating out of the wheelwells and re-do that too.This should make it last a lot longer than it would otherwise.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]:
i have a box for you
i will sell it today. if you want

all the rust was fited about a year ago.
rust is coming back in a few places and the fiberglass has cracked from my 4x4ing everyday.

good box other then the cracked F glass
it is off an 88 LB

i will post pics when i get off work
[email protected], can you tell me how rusty your box was and how thick you put the fg on? Have you had even the slightest bit of rust come back? How did you prep the rusty areas? I want to get an idea how well my box will hold up with my fancy fg job.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Loggers boxes are around 1500-2500 depending on size etc. I like the look of them you can get them from summit fabrication in Parksville

------------------
475,800 and rising
I am the black cloud of somke that flies by at 3500rpm!
(Please note diesel smoke is dangerous so lay off the throttle!)
Pulls like a draft horse, hauls like a pack mule.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.