BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might help the drowning Doge board...

What would be the price of an average front D60? I'm gonna start looking for one and I wanna figure out just what im gonna spend.

also can you use 6 stud rotors on a D60(might be using a Toy V6 rear end and i want to keep the bolt pattern)?

thanks

Beer

------------------
For sale: Kidney $300, Lung $500, Apendix $2 obo.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Sounds like a job for an idle machinist!

(No I'm not a machinist)

I don't know if you can turn that much material off the hub so that it will fit through the center hole on a 1/2-ton 6-lug wheel. There may not be any hub left!

Maybe see about putting 8-lug on the rear.

Hey! I'll go halfers with you on a wrecked '89-'93 Dodge diesel. That would be a Dana 60 front and a Dana 70 rear. I need the diesel. Sound like a plan?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You find it, and as long as its not more that $4 millon my student loan should cover it

Beer

------------------

·
Registered
14 Posts
If your a good scrounge you can find them in old logging camps, I got one and a half for free and my friend got one for free and paid 300 for another from a camp. and as far as 6 studs you will never get 15 inch rims past the brakes there HUGE.Just outa cureosity, why go through the trouble of finding a 60 if your going to run a yota rear?

------------------
Speed overcomes open differentials

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by tladret:
Just outa cureosity, why go through the trouble of finding a 60 if your going to run a yota rear?

Change of plans, gonna be 60 front and rear.

Thanks i never thought about logging camps, I'll have to look into that.

Beer

------------------

·
Registered
382 Posts
the only problem with axles from an old bush truck is the extreeeeeeme S#!T kicking they took at the hands of unconcerned loggers. sometimes a good deal can turn sour when you find that the housing is bent or the diff side bearings are spun. I got my 60 from a military CUCV truck (base driven only) with only 33,000 k on the clock and they are Sweeeeet , totally like new!!!

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender/toyota
I need a T19/Dana20 from a IH Scout (Close ratio ok) in the Lower Mainland --Know of one?www.OTTindustries.com

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was it alot or a little $$$$, and did you buy the whole truck?, if you dont mind me asking.....

Im going to be going home(Courtenay) for a week and i'll look around up there, They should be cheaper and allot easier to find up there...

Thanks

Beer

------------------

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Even for a thorough S#!t-kicking, a Dana 60 isn't any worse for wear. Nothing a few bearings and seals can't solve. I had a 200km+ ex-MacBlo crewcab that didn't have any major problems - traded it in for a shortened one - my current brute:

Beer!

See if you can scale the fence at ICBC's Nanaimo Salvage yard. They have a rolled '93 Dodge diesel on the auction block right now. Lemme know what you wanna spend; I'll match you $ for $.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beer!

See if you can scale the fence at ICBC's Nanaimo Salvage yard. They have a rolled '93 Dodge diesel on the auction block right now. Lemme know what you wanna spend; I'll match you $ for $.[/B]
Haha, scaling the fence wont be a problem, but getting back over with a 60 front and a 70 rear strapped to my back could be difficult........

Right now money is kinda short, and i might go HP44 front till i can find a cheap 60...

As for a 70 rear, i know where a few are lying around, do you want me to find out if one is fo sale?

Beer

------------------

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats what I figured

how much do you think they would want for the truck in Nanaimo?

------------------
For sale: Kidney $300(sold), Lung $500, Apendix $2 obo.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Beer, who is gonna pay you $300 for your kidney? probably doesnt even work anymore

maybe you could sell your body to raise the funds for that d60???

------------------
src=http://www.qualzone.com/shogun/rhysprofile.gif>

·
Registered
14 Posts
A friend told me of a auto wrecker in dawson creek that has a few 60's, I don't know the name but how many can there be in dawson.

------------------
Speed overcomes open differentials
Dodge/Chevy guy, and whatever's kewl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts