BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has found a wrecked 89-90 ish shortbox f150 with a dana 44 solid axle front end. He is looking at buying in and curious if anybody knows who makes this kit. He is sure it's a kit because it looks factory. Included is 6" lift coils, lengthened radius arms, and much more. He just would like to know who makes this kit so that he can replace some of the damaged parts. The guy at the wrecker said he thought it was Pro-Comp but Shawn went through every off-road supplier and cannot find anybody who has ever heard of it. Thanks in advance, Wade

------------------
if it ain't broke, you don't go hard enough!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
What color are the add on parts, are they red, blue, green, yellow...or are the extended radius arms tubular or I beam style. Superlift, Skyjacker, Tuff Country, Procomp all make lifts for the trucks. That would help narrow it down if you could see the color of the TTB drop down brackets coming down from the cross member.

------------------
Shopping List...
NP203, 15"x7-8" 5x5.5" wheels!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's not looking for the manufacturer of a lift but the solid axle swap kit.

------------------

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Fabritech makes a swap for this, Jeff's Bronco Graveyard sells this kit. Look at their website!

------------------
Shopping List...
NP203, 15"x7-8" 5x5.5" wheels!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ,I'll let him know.

------------------

·
Registered
302 Posts
it'll be cheaper to do it using factory parts (from a wrecker) and buy a set of lift springs ... but you'll find that out when you see the above mentioned kit, and what they want for it.

------------------
81 Bronco 33s
92 YJ 31s
84 Bronchial spasm

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey wade. im pretty sure that any older solid front axle will pretty much bolt rite in if the truck has a lift kit. the problem without the lift is that the pumpkin contacts the front crossmember.give it some extra travel and no prob.just dont jump it bottom out the suspension.
ps. i havent forgot about your wheels.I think im gonna stay away from the bias slicks tho. when you seperate the two let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts