BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day of working on the truck in a while. Removed the bain of my existance (a 1972 Chevelle) from the front of the shop, now there's lots of room to walk around and for the box to sit so we can bob it. Took the box off, torched most of the IFS bracketry off, pulled the torsion bars out.

No sooner did I get home to write this than did I get a phone call, "Pete I just cut the back of your box off. You need to buy some more grinding discs. Later!" So it looks like the bob job is going to be done pretty soon!
Either that or I should change the locks on the shop...

Managed to be sitting under my box in exactly the right spot when the spare tire chain swung down and got smoked directly in the ear by it. Went outside and broke some pallets and swore alot and then got back to work. Not half an hour later I was undoing a torsion bolt when a shelf 2 feet behind my head buckled under the weight of a few hundred pounds of miscellaneous metal pieces. Amazingly not a single piece fell on me, but rather fell all around me.
Scary to think what could have happened!

All in all it's been a pretty productive day, I just wish I could have gotten pictures of my box being cut apart; don't you just hate it when people go and work on your truck without telling you?

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
all in all a productive day... but keep that shop clear,... there is something to be said about cleanliness when working... I know first hand, cuz when the reno project(s) get going the clutter can be very dangerous!

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After the shelf collapsed we decided the general clutter was beyond repair for the time being.
I took lots of pictures and intend to continue. As soon as this roll of film's done I'll develop it and scan them all in. And yes there will be a detailed write up on everything.

------------------

·
Registered
138 Posts
Pete, hurry up and get your truck rolling!!! We need to head out to the mountains!!!!!!!!

------------------
'85 4runner, 6' suspension lift and 35' mudders (my baby)

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It'll be done when it's done dammit!
It's coming together.. I don't want to rush it because I want it to be perfect first try. Cut about 16 inches off the box tonight, went alot smoother than I thought. Now we just have to weld the tailgate back on and the box will be done and ready to go! Still so much left to do...

------------------

·
Registered
157 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. it sucks i have just finished cutting my box apart and am now ready to weld my chevy step side box on. ripped my mangled fenders off and reshaped my inners. I have half the pistons in my small block chevy that will also be going in my truck before its back on the road. Being a poor student dosn't help things. just my $.02

------------------
85 toyota 7" lift 35s, Rolled grad camping 3 days after I painted it

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aquiring a '75 Ford Bronco and trying to get it running to be my daily driver instead of my stupid beater Mercury Topaz probably isn't going to help things for me too much but... I can't resist!

------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.