BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so Im out here in the snow for 2 hours trying to pull the starter on my '82 Diesel 2WD and can only really see one of the bolts, the other one i cant even begin to see, how do I get at this starter?? thanx!

------------------
Toyota baby!

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
good luck outside , first take a trouble light in threw the wheel well ... best it the tires off .. but oh well ... see first if you can feel it with your fingers , right behind the slave cyl bracket ... if you take a socket with an extension actually 2 extensions .. once you get the socket on the bolt , off it comes ... it sucks and theres not much room but it can be done ...

------------------
is that u up there :)
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/flats/1738

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks but I think the one bolt we can see is the one by the slave, im guessing this is a 2 bolt starter right? ive never heard of a 1 bolt starter before, so how do I get at the other bolt?

thanx! <=)

------------------
Toyota baby!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had the same trouble you have to feel around stupid steel bolts into aluminum
you need a breaker bar, extensions, and those pivoting thingies???? it took a 360 pound friend of mine to crack mine

------------------
475,800 and rising
I am the black cloud of somke that flies by at 3500rpm!
(Please note diesel smoke is dangerous so lay off the throttle!)
Pulls like a draft horse, hauls like a pack mule.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.