BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my 15 year old trusty divilbis gti is getting tired. what is the top gun these days? should i invest in something new or just get a tip kit and use it for another 15 years?

i do have a sata jet as well but for what ever reason, i dont feel as comfortable as the divilbis with it.

i pretty much only spray polyurataine and its more like industrilal than show but i do like to try to make it look good as well as durable.

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Just get a tip kit. I use a devilbiss finishline and i like it, your gti is a model above that. Everyone will recommend the sata jet and if you already have one and don't like it than you pretty much answered your own question already.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Stick with the devilbiss, you'll never find a better gun.
I have a couple of knock off guns that I use for spraying exterior paints and I'm not happy with them and I would never use them for anything nice.

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. by the sound of it, the right solution is also the easy and cheap one. i will just get a tip kit and be done with it. kinda scary to think having a tool for 30 years although i do still have and use some of the tools that i picked up in my early teens.

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought a new divilbis gti pro the other month and have sprayed a few vehicles with it now and its the best gun I have owned. It replaced my old sata and I must say the results are amazing!

Nice thing is with starting off with a new guy you can make sure its always kept in top condition :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Tmax, when you get your gun and you want to test it and get the bugs out of it I have a boat trailer that needs a quick blast! Beers included!

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tmax, when you get your gun and you want to test it and get the bugs out of it I have a boat trailer that needs a quick blast! Beers included!
hahah. for boat trailer, the old gun would be fine.

what is it like?

are you blasting it or just scuffing it up, prime and paint?

·
Registered
904 Posts
hahah. for boat trailer, the old gun would be fine.

what is it like?

are you blasting it or just scuffing it up, prime and paint?
Yup it's just going to be a scuff and shoot with Tremclad. I have everything thing here I just don't want to use my good guns.
Just need some good weather but that's cool as there's no rush as I don't plan on doing any sailing till spring.
Here's a pic!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts