BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious. Who here is still running a stock or close to stock height YJ? Are any of you planning to install a spring-under-axle lift kit in the near future? If so, what products are you looking at?

...lars :read

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Lars, you know my YJ is STILL stock. You are more than welcome to install any lift kit on it you want to :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just finished installing a 3.5" Superlift with the superlift shocks and MORE boomerangs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was initially considering a spring-under lift, but now I'm having second thoughts. If you consider the rapidly falling prices of TJ's and the crappy ride of lifted spring-under Jeeps it doesn't make sense to do this, especially for a daily driver. As the prices of TJ's fall, the resale value of YJ's falls even faster, making investing money into lifting a YJ spring-under seem like a bad idea.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Currently have 1/2" shackle lift and that's about 'er. looking at either front and rear long leaf add-a-leaves for about $250 or 1.5" to 2.5" spring under spring replacement lift. No particular brand choice as of yet.
Dave

·
Registered
55 Posts
Was stock height back in May but went with a 2.5 inch procomp body lift and a 2.5 inch rancho supension lift. However parts were given or traded for through a network of friends. And most came from a rolled CJ, so I was not too picky. Now I clear my 33's without any trouble. Might look at squeezing 35's under there for next year.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am thinkin of replaceing the front 3.5" lifted spring pack with a 3.5" lifted waggy pack....
mmm, more wheelbase and 5" of lift...

it seems to be the trend down south for the soa'ers...
just wanting to see how it'd come together for sua.

my jeep isn;t stock though
:S

RJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts