BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ihad been reading in these posts that you are doing a straight swap and would like you answer some questions I have regarding the swap I am doing.
#1- are you putting your shackles through the frame or are you mounting them under the frame and why
#2- what type of leafs have you decided to run and are they from the front or rear of the donor vehicle.
#3- how have you decided to lift the back to match the front lift you will obtain
#4- In some of your earlier posts you were saying that you were going to lower your front mount to match the extended lenght of your shackle, is that number taken from were the leafs would have originally mounted on a pre 86 toy.

Hopefully you can answer some of these as this project I am doing is not as straight forward as I had thought and any info you can provide me with will be greatly appreciatedand if any one else reading this has their .02 to add that would also be great.

·
1,269 Posts
You've got mail with the answers that I know, but I think that there are some more knowledgeable people than I around these parts who can answer your questions better than I can.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.