BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 1990 ranger, 5.5" Superlift, 3" Body, 4.56 gears, locked rear, lots of neat stuff. BUT, I can't seem to get the front end alligned quite right.
I had it in a short while ago, and had the toe in/out adjusted and a bit of camber work as well (apparantly it has the sleeves which allow max. adjustability). But, the caster is off. Now, she pulls a bit to the right and my steering wheel is off. No big deal, but is there a cost efficient way to fix this??

·
Registered
189 Posts
what size tires and rims do you have

------------------
89 ranger 5" tall and a front lincoln locker
rear auburn and lotsof neat gadgets

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have the same problem, I've never bothered fixing it though

------------------
----------------
Crack
92 Ranger 6" lift 31s
Slamming the gas can get you over almost anything, the question is, can you keep going after

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm thinking along the same lines. It will cost a sh*tload to get that sort of thing 100%.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yeah, thats why I didn't bother. My tires wear a bit more on the side, but whatever. I just end up roatating them more, no big deal.

------------------
----------------
Crack
92 Ranger 6" lift 31s
Slamming the gas can get you over almost anything, the question is, can you keep going after

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had a lot of trouble keeping my Stupidlift aligned on my X. Everytime I wheeled, it would knock out of align. My solid Dana44 drives straight as an arrow and I never aligned it! Hmmmmmm.

Cheers
Dale

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer
Chrome grill guard and some other mods...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you mind me asking how much that swap cost you? And what you got the new front end out of?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by tiessen:
I had a lot of trouble keeping my Stupidlift aligned on my X. Everytime I wheeled, it would knock out of align. My solid Dana44 drives straight as an arrow and I never aligned it! Hmmmmmm.

Cheers
Dale
Which part(s) of the allignment did you have trouble keeping in spec? caster, camber, toe? Just wondering what the weak link is...
Erik

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My old fords alignment problems came from the I beams, I think they sell customs for rangers... don't quote me though its been like 5 years.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have the same problem with my 83 ranger...alignmetn doesnt do anything with me, check out your tie rod ends, and the ball joints...thats what did it for me....simple, but sometimes simple is the answer.

------------------
Randy "Memphis" Ranger

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 6" lift in my 90 and no real allignment problems. Some days it sits in the driveway knock kneed and other days it sits bow legged. More often than not it's straight thanks to Dales Allignment in Langley. Those guys love a challenge.

By the way, I had a pair of modified TTB's shipped up from Cal. where they moved the lower ball joint mount out about an inch and beefed it up. This allowed the use of 5 1/2" lift springs without using drop brackets on the TTB's or radius arms and still permitting an allignment. You should have no problem alligning a store bought lift.

------------------
Andy Rad..., President High Country Explorers 4x4 Club, 90 Ranger, 6" bits & pieces lift, locked front D35, posi rear 8.8, Ramsey equiped, 32x11.5 Mud Rovers, 4.56 gears, real cozy seats.

·
Registered
14 Posts
which alinement bushings do you have? I tweaked my frame jumping and them they couldn't get the drivers side camber set with in spec it was out 3 degrees so I phonned the guys at rancho on there tol free tech line and ask them what to do and they gave me the name of some company that makes bushings that will correct 4deg. Only thing is I dont have there number any more got lost in the move, but you could phone ranchoand ask them. Or have you tried the MOOG 2.75deg problem solver bushing. It will adjust you camber and caster and any variation there of up to a maximum of 2.75 deg. Thats what I used and and it got it close enuf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts