BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am goin to do some body work once I get my runner running again, and will probably toss a rattle can paint job on it. Wondering what kind of paint is best and were I can find it. Also i was wondering how the hell to get my pinstriping off?? Take a Razor??? Anthony

------------------
Yota Anyone?

·
Registered
133 Posts
lots of asitone and clean rags and I meen lots of clean rags

G

·
A heat gun is easy. I waited for a hot, sunny day and most just peeled off, and then yes acetone to finish it off. If waiting for a hot day is not an option, you can actually buy a pinstripe and decal removing fluid which doesn't affect the paint(not that thats a problem for what you're doing).
Acetone, like the other fella said, will work, keep the rag wet, start a part of the pinstripe, than lead along with the wet rag and slowly pull the striping off.
Cheap and affective.

------------------
'94 Chev 1/2ton 6"ProComp
(one day I'll do a SAS)
'89 Sidekick 3" body, 31'S
513's, E-Z Locker

·
Registered
56 Posts
another idea for the pinstripes - at some paint shops you can get a pinstripe remover. it is a rubber/plastic wheel that fis in the end of your drill and just rubs the stripe and glue off with no paint damage. (razor is a bad idea unlessyou like lots of sanding and spending lots of money on self etching primer). for the paint you can use anything , but keep in mind anywhere you are down to the metal (rust repairs, etc...)you will want to use a self etching primer otherwise your paint won't adhere.

------------------
wheels, passenger side, roof, drivers side, wheels. am I broken? no . that was fun!

·
1,269 Posts
There was a picture of a Jeep somewhere around here a while back that had a really nicely done flat tan paint job. I recall being very impressed with the look.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yee, there was a good rattle can job on pirate4x4 as well, I was just wondering what kinda of paint is best, but I think I will go with some good primer and rustoleom paint Anthony

------------------
Yota Anyone?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.