BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'v got a funny noise comming fro the back of my Grand cherokee but i can feel it on my feet while i'm driving, what is it

------------------
94 zj, platnum +4 plugs, xenon lights, 2 inch custom lift 31x10.5, k&n,
Word.
Peace Out G,
Kraqa

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
sounds like those stupid muffler bearings to me.

------------------
'93 sahara ~ rancho springs, SOA, EB axles, detroit, 35s, and hi steer in the works

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DON'T POST STUPID THINGS, YOUR WASTING MY TIME

------------------
Word.
Peace Out G,
Kraqa

·
Registered
70 Posts
Originally posted by Kraqa:
DON'T POST STUPID THINGS, YOUR WASTING MY TIME

Whoa Kraqa,

Don't be trippin' G. He be tryin' to help yo' ass homes! I say, if you ask a stupid question (that noise could be anything, see a mechanic)you get a stupid answer! So Peace out G! Word to your mutha!

------------------
80 Cj5, 360amc, Swampers, Custom 5in. lift, Off Road only
92 XJ 6" Rubicon, 32s, strictly street

·
Banned
23 Posts
OUch

------------------
88 yota, couple solid parts on frame, is the box supposed to be in 2 pieces? tires... i think so. Lift? i don't even have springs.
"Is that a bad thing that my brake pedal is touching the floor"... we'll see when we hit that tree!

·
Registered
344 Posts
"Whoa Kraqa,

Don't be trippin' G. He be tryin' to help yo' ass homes! I say, if you ask a stupid question (that noise could be anything, see a mechanic)you get a stupid answer! So Peace out G! Word to your mutha! "

"word to your mutha"..hahhaaaa!!...
i agree if dizon't want hizelp from us "G" go spizend your "bling-bling" on a mechanic and he'll fizind out whats wrizong...aight!!

allan

------------------
93 YJ, 4" Pro Comp Lift with 32's. Formally known as Stock Black YJ

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd say you guys are being a little harsh

grinding is definately not good
prolly best to see a mechanic anyways
and soon too

another word of advice...

People prolly don't care what kinda spark plugs you are running.

RJ

------------------
1992 YJ with 33's

·
Registered
145 Posts
i'v got a funny noise comming fro the back of my Grand cherokee but i can feel it on my feet while i'm driving, what is it

is it when your coasting or when your giving it gas. could be alot of things. you'll have to give me and the another guys more to work with. drive line noises need alot of description to diagnosis the problem through email. give me a bit more and i'll try to help.

steve
westcoast rockhuggers offroad club

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Nice to see RJRay and Creeper giving useful responses.

Yup, weird sounds and vibrations are hard to troubleshoot so maximum detail is required. Localize the source of the problem and figure out when it happens. On the gas, off the gas, both? At a certain speed or all speeds? Only when the vehicle is moving? etc etc

BTW, if you want to get people to help you, it's best not to lash out if someone makes a crack.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it mostly happens when i'm costing but sometimes there is a very little faint noise when i'm givin it gas. i think it is comming from the rear but i can feel it on my feet when it happens

------------------
Word.
Peace Out G,
Kraqa

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Well it mostly happens when i'm costing but sometimes there is a very little faint noise when i'm givin it gas. i think it is comming from the rear but i can feel it on my feet when it happens
Well, crawl under your Jeep and see if the rear driveshaft's u-joints are tight. You shouldn't be able to wiggle the driveshaft. If it seems fine, remove the driveshaft and inspect each u-joint. That's the only way to tell for sure.

How long as it been doing this? Since you got your lift or some time after that?

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

·
Registered
344 Posts
could it be your tires are unbalanced?..
but that would cause some mild shakeing aswell..

i would've thought it was the muffler too cuz of the rattle sound?
but why would your peddle shake aswell?

could be a combination of small things?...
i'm stumped..sorry can't be any help..

allan

------------------
93 YJ, 4" Pro Comp Lift with 32's. Formally known as Stock Black YJ

[This message has been edited by big jeep'n (edited October 24, 2001).]

·
Registered
145 Posts
what speed does it do it at? could be a wheel bearing too. i,d do what lars said to do. get under and check the joints. then get the rear up on stands, chock the front wheels, put it in drive, get someone to get in the car and lay on the gas while you're underneath listening. becareful. i don't want to hear that you got ran over by your own vehical. try that and email us back.

steve
westcoast rockhuggers offroad club

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, it happens at about anytime when i'm costing above about 20 kms but i feel it on the groung not on the pettal, and i have awd so jacking it up will be hard cause i only have 2 jack stands, but i will try to take alot at the u joints but i know that the drive shaft is not loose i have checked that

------------------
Word.
Peace Out G,
Kraqa

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'm not sure but i knoiw that i have a posi rear end cause i have full time 4

------------------
Word.
Peace Out G,
Kraqa

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.