BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
re: EAGLE RIDGE

We are trying to plan a meeting concerning eagle ridge? The meeting will be in two or three weeks in Coquitlam we should know in a day or so when and where! Please start planing we need to keep Eagle Ridge open for us too. YOU IDEAS ARE IMPORTANT TO

------------------
87 yj 4"lift 33"tires wife thinks the jeep comes first?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Gas Jockeys unite against the evil empire! If you were at last nights meeting you would get this and you all should have been there.I do not mean to be a pessamist but if those rich folks can boot out a race track (West Wood) do we really have a chance? I am off to tilt at windmills! (rich folk humour).
You can email me at [email protected]
I am going to try to create a web page for this cause.

------------------
Me Tarzan u ? Favorite tool?
Monkey wrench!
I am the original shade tree mechanic

·
Registered
277 Posts
Originally posted by Tarzan:
Gas Jockeys unite against the evil empire! If you were at last nights meeting you would get this and you all should have been there.I do not mean to be a pessamist but if those rich folks can boot out a race track (West Wood) do we really have a chance? I am off to tilt at windmills! (rich folk humour).
You can email me at [email protected]
I am going to try to create a web page for this cause.
hey great anything I can do to help you out let me know as far as the web site and eagle mountain is conderned and by the way fuzfoot about time you got on here this is the place to meet real 4x4er and some real cool people too!!. Does you're name fit you're real feet. smellie

Pss yes only the people that showed would know we all are gas jockeys!!!

------------------
[email protected]
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy
it's never let me down EVER or should i say until my wife drove in!!
remember what we go in with we must come out with even if it is just parts !!

[This message has been edited by udermind? (edited January 16, 2002).]

·
1,269 Posts
Hey there Tarzan hope you didn't mind me crowding your booth there. Did you know the other two guys that were across from us? Shoot me an email if you want some help with that webpage.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
376 Posts
No I did not know the other fellows, I should have introduced myself I guess. I also did not know who you were. The meeting went well but at first it seemed kinda quiet. Funny how vocal we are from our keyboards (me included). I am going to email alot of my ideas to the Association and maybe air a few here.

Heres one - Hookers! yes Hookers that is one way to look at this problem. Ok now that I have your attention I will explain. When various communities in Vancouver had problems with Hookers the neighbours got together and brought pressure to bear on the illegal trade and after a while the people moved to another neighbourhood (not so good for the new neighbourhood). We are a community and so are the residents of Eagle Ridge, if we go after the people who are causing the thefts and vandlisim they will move on too. We need to bring pressure to bear on those who are causing us this grief. With the help from the local residents, RCMP, ICBC and ourselves the problem can be addressed. What if we held a voluntary gate closure of our own manned by us over the course of a month(weekends only). We would allow access to all but record plates and relay info to the RCMP or ICBC and inform those going up what is going on and why we are stopping them.

Having said all this I think the person who stated at the meeting that the residents are using the vandals as a scapegoat are possibly right. I think it is likely that if we get right down to it it's us who are the problem. Those million dollar homes do not like our dirty rigs runnin up and down there streets. Harbourview is a forebearer of whats in store for us I think.

whew, my $.02 worth (I was going to air this at the meeting but chickned out)

------------------
Monkey wrench!

·
1,269 Posts
Say no more, you had me at "hookers!"
To flip the proverbial coin here, the wealthy residents are looking at us as the hookers, and applying pressure through the city to get us to move on
Another reason we're the hookers in this situation: we're about to get f***ed.

------------------

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Big Bad Pete is 100% correct. WE are in the position of the hookers. Basically, we're fighting a typical Not In My Back Yard (NIMBY) opposition and we are at a huge disadvantage because it looks like very few of us are from Coquitlam. The Mayor's and the city's duty is toward their constituents so this will be a tough nut to crack.

If there is a way we can turn this into a provincial matter, we may have a better chance simply because we will, by virtue of our being BC residents, suddenly have a say in the matter.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
376 Posts
There is a certain irony in the NIMBY philosphy, we were there first! There has been wheeling in that area long before those homes came along. We should have started protesting the construction of the homes in our backyard. This is why I figure if they can oust the race track then we really have a tough battle ahead.

Another idea mentioned at the meeting was looking at the possability of another entrance. This could be a good idea as it would solve several of the neighbours complaints (till houses are built on pipline road). What about organizing a hike or whatever down the power line to pipe line road. Another access could be very usefull if they do gate Eagle Ridge. I think if the neighbours do not see our vehicles running up and down their road maybe they will forget about us.

------------------
Monkey wrench!

·
1,269 Posts
I think the idea of putting huge cement blocks at the entrance is a great idea, I know my truck will be able to drive over them.
As I said at the meeting, I know if I heard swampers up and down my street throughout the night I'd be choked. I say make another entrance, keep it quiet, and then install some "low-profile" cement blocks at the current entrance.

------------------

·
Registered
327 Posts
I know as fourwheelers we already do this, Meaning we keep it maintained and clean of garbage and crap. And we will be responsibe for the trail head. Meaning we fabricate a pleasant looking gate that the city has a key to. As far as access well a key I am sure can be left somewhere for us to get, maybe the RCMP station. That way they know who is up there and why.. I am willing to help anyway I can, but regret to say I don't have the answers..

Jason

------------------
92yj d44 front& rear.4.09
33 geolanders
mazda 626 seats
2.5 susp lift 3" body
Ramsey pro+ 8000
SOA coming in Jan bye bye body lift hello 8" suspension lift

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm out that way, during the week going to school, if the meeting is around then i could show my support, even though i haven't wheeled it yet.
Jordan

------------------
"first you learn to crawl, then walk, then drive, then crawl again."

25 Posts
Howdy,

I've read a little about the Eagle Ridge proble.

Has anyone suggested a toll booth.

Perhaps 5$-10$ to enter.
Kinda like a lift ticket on a ski mountain.
Perhaps a season pass for 50$ a year.
The booth guy will see the pass then let you in.
No pass. No in.
It would proable pay for itself if as many people go up there as it sound like.

Perhaps use the money could be used to clean up the garbage or wrecks I have heard about.

Anyway, Just my 05cents.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Yeah but how do you regulate that 24 hrs a day. It all comes down to what will acutally work. There aren't enough users to make that work financially. I think some sort of blockade that you have to go over is probably the easiest thing to do, but unfortunately it would discriminate against the stock guys. I think we should look into that thing that was mensioned in the meeting about the water shed and the cameras. If they are going to be putting in cameras to monitor the water shed, mabe we, as a community, could help pay for the instalation of a camera to monitor the trail head as well.

We already have cleanup held for the mountain. there were (I think) two of them last summer.

my .02

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, TF-727, NP-205, D44 front, chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker
http://members.shaw.ca/jaretthumphrey

[This message has been edited by Jarett (edited January 17, 2002).]

25 Posts
To the above.

How do they have that guy at stave all the time?
Maybe the should put a gate along with a toll booth,..have the gate open from dawn till dusk. And seal of the other entrances if there are any.

[This message has been edited by double-barrell-darrell (edited January 17, 2002).]

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I believe that bc hydro pays for the gut at Stave. and Eagle Ridge is used 24 hrs a day. It is a great place to go at night

------------------

·
Registered
344 Posts
i have only been up to eagle once and i would like to help and keep it open..i hear the top is breath takeing and would like to make it up there one day..couldn't make it to the top cuz of some knee hi snow..let me know what i can do to help..

allan

------------------
93 YJ, 4" lift with 32's.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
come to the next meeting. Joining the Four Wheel Drive Assoc of BC also would help. They are the primary people fighting for us, and the bigger they are the more likely they will be heard. I am not yet a member, but have filled out a form to join.

------------------

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A toll would be good but as much as we would like to say they tried that with Blue Mountain did thea not! Can we still go?I just took a drive up Pipeline I did not see another way in.The Coquitlam Water shed has a bigger gate there.We need to come together with a happy solution so we all can enjoy.

------------------
87 yj 4"lift 33"tires wife thinks the jeep comes first?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts