BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've aquired a set of 38.5 bogger's with little tread left, I've heard rumors of swampers being able to be re-grooved and haven't found any one who knows for sure.
Can any one clear this up 4 me?

------------------
84 4runner 4"susp, 3"body, 35"m/ts, header with flow master containing a few patches, a little duct tape here and there,cb, in need of motor and body work

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Can it be done? Yes, I've seen it done.
Is it actually legal? I don't know.
Will a cop know the dif anyway? Doubt it.

Try a tre shop that specializes in tractor trailer rigs.

------------------
Chris S.
2002 KJ - staying stock (almost)
2000 TJ - 2" suspension lift, 1/2" body lift, assorted skids, hooks, rock rails, rock lights, 33" BFG MTs, custom bumper, Warn 8274
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard of it being done as well.
It just seems there isn't alot of meat
there to cut. I know semi tire's are stamped
if they have been or can be cut just wondering ifthere is something to look
for on these boots.

------------------
84 4runner 4"susp, 3"body, 35"m/ts, header with flow master containing a few patches, a little duct tape here and there,cb, in need of motor and body work

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
my 38.5 Super Swamper SX's say "regroovable"on the sidewall. You'll find this on most heavy truck tires too.

I was quoted around $40 a tire from Tires Plus in Mission for regrooving my Swampers, he said you usually only get a little over an eighth inch of tread back though.

------------------
Dan
91 Cherokee, 3" body lift, 2" front lift blocks, Warn XD900i winch, custom narrowed rear seat.

·
Registered
223 Posts
If your interested I can regroove tires for much cheaper.

------------------
trails without potennntial of body-damage, stuck, or just scaring the snot out of you is just boring

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THEY ARE ACTUALLY A BUDDY OF MINE'S I SENT THIS TO HIM TO SEE IF HE IS INTERESTED, THANKS DUG. SHAMUS.

------------------

·
1,269 Posts
dug we should talk I have some Mud Kings I want to hack to bits

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
78 Posts
we regroove approx.10-15 tires a day at my shop,let me know what youve got.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hey, i want a set of pacemarks regrooved, 235/s but they do have some tread left. any price quotes?

------------------
79 ford, 50" tires, dana 60 axles, twin 500 ci engines (i wish) really an 89 pathfinder, somewhat stock, anyone with spare change so i can change the stock look?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey dug, are you interested in regrooving my BFG mts i have two. How much tread are you able to achieve, and can you keep to the same tread pattern? Get back to me please. lonewolf

·
Registered
223 Posts
Parnelli_001, and lonewolf if you bring the tires to me I can do them, but aren't you guys a litle far? Can give aprox 1/8" of tread, depends on tire though.

------------------
broken again

85 4Runner, 35" swampers front, boggers rear, 5.29s + detroits

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hey dug, i'll see what i can do to get to aldergrove. does the same tread type have to be stuck to or can it be more agressive then original?

------------------
79 ford, 50" tires, dana 60 axles, twin 500 ci engines (i wish) really an 89 pathfinder, somewhat stock, anyone with spare change so i can change the stock look?

·
Registered
223 Posts
We can do anything you want, but it might not be legal if we go crazy.

------------------
broken again

85 4Runner, 35" swampers front, boggers rear, 5.29s + detroits

·
Registered
920 Posts
sounds like a definate possibility then! Next time i hit your neck of the woods, i'll be sure to drop in!

------------------

1 - 17 of 17 Posts