BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here is the short. I have a SOA in rear, Dana 44 up front. Stock Master Cylinder, Dana 44 front brakes, stock rear drums, stock rear ABS. 1992 XLT, running 33's.

Brakes have always worked fine, until now. Now my rear brakes are locking up with only a small amount of braking. My 'red' E brake light comes on everytime I brake. Front and rear shoes and pads are new as of 6 months ago. I'll go home and check the shoes tonite but is there anything else I should check.

I already disconnected the rear ABS, didn't solve anything.
I checked the brake fluid, it's fine.

My ebrake has dragged before, wearing out my passenger drum fast (maybe it's done it again), but would worn brakes cause the brake light to come on?? Or is it more central like like the brake booster or master cylinder? Crap, I don't have time for this.

Thanks

Dale

------------------

1992 Ford Exploder
6" lift, solid Dana44, 33's

"Soccer mom's car on 'roids"

·
Registered
583 Posts
When mine did that it was because of the rear shoes being worn down and having to travel too far before making contact with the drum. It caused them to come into contact with the drum a little too abruptly. If you have new shoes this shouldn't be a problem but you never know maybe your adjusters were put on the wrong side and rather than tightening up your shoes they have been slacking them off. Also since you have been doing a fair amount of off road driving on steep hills and stuff you might want to check your shoes for heat cracks.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Calgary, Alberta
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Paul. Did I hear correct you're moving out here again? Let's do some wheeling soon! Although I'm stupidly busy with my new job...

Cheers

Dale

------------------

1992 Ford Exploder

·
Registered
583 Posts
Originally posted by tiessen:
Thanks Paul. Did I hear correct you're moving out here again? Let's do some wheeling soon! Although I'm stupidly busy with my new job...

Cheers

Dale
Yup, I'll be out there in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Calgary, Alberta
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do I sense some excitement in your tone?

------------------

1992 Ford Exploder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts