BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i gots some wierd vibes which sounds as if there coming from my rear driveshaft.
i was wondering if there was anywhere near richmond who balances driveshifts for CHEAP cause i got no money -very little money

matt:confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well
about 3 months ago i put in a sm420 and it works great. i didn't have the vibes before that , and the u joints were nice and tight not too tight,,just right.
and i also had to modify my drive shaft length so i thought there might be a possiblity that it need to get balanced profesionally. the splines on the drive shaft are in mint contition , but im wondering if something could have loosened in my t case?????:confused:
hmmmm not sure
any more thoughts???????????

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
could the pinion angle be out now. because isn't a sm420 shorter than a LC tranny.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i thought the sm420 is only like an inch shorter. do you think that that could really change the angle that much. i haven't a clue.
umm ...stupid question...........the pinion angle is from the diff,,, to the driveshaft u-joint?????? :confused: right?????

thanx
matt

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Matt, I had the same problem when I put my Sm420 in.
To solve it I had to shim the rear diff up, I used 3 degree shims and problem solved, and it cost 15 bucks.
Now your angles are most likely different from mine, I've got a spring under 4 inch lift, and our t-cases are probably rotated a bit different also.
But it's the angles of your u-joints giving you the vibes, it will take a few tries but you will be able to get rid of it. It took me a saturday afternoon before I was satisfied with my truck being ok.
Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts