BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes a nother leaf spring question. i have an 86 runner and it has the old toyota rear end saging thing going on. what leafs should i put in? i would like some think that has some flex but will last a while. add a leafs? i ruled them out. not flex at all. what do you guys think?????
thanxs sean
what should i be paying for leafs?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nothing bolt in will be all that great. The Chevy swap seems to be the way to go. I've got ranger springs on mine and am very happy with the way they flex. I'll prolly put in the longer Chevy ones when (not if) I put the 3/4 elliptical in.

------------------
88' 4Runner
SAS and a little bit of lift.
"All your Toyota are belong to me"
Member of the "Herd"

·
Registered
30 Posts
i'm runing the chev rears and they are great. nice and soft and lots of flex aprox 3" lift. paid $100 for the spring but you can probably buy them cheaper. good luck

------------------
85 4Runner 400000 kms and still going

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do the Chevy leafs bolt right in or are there any mods that need to be done? What model of chevy leafs does one look for?

------------------
If it does'nt fit... wiggle it a bit

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
63" 1\2 ton 2 wheel drive, you have to mod the the mounts on the front and make the shackles longer. i think that is right

·
Registered
30 Posts
the springs are out of a 88 to 98 chev 1/2 ton 3 leaves plus an overload. you have to make a new mount for the front with an inside diameter of 3" and welded 11.5" forward from the oem mount. the rear shackle needs to be 3" longer to go with the double shackle or you have to move the rear mount 3" back. your old u bolts will not work so you need 2.5" by 7.5" new u bolts. The springs flex loke mad so longer shocks and brake lines are recomended to take advantage of the extra flex and i think thats all.

------------------
85 4Runner 400000 kms and still going

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.