BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find rear lift shackles for my 91' Toy anywhere? I've called all the 4 wheel shops and lordco etc.... Any idea's? anybody have some they wanna sell?

------------------
91' Yoti with the Son of the Devil screaming at you from behind the wheel!

·
Registered
139 Posts
i went to pacific spring and axle and they told me $50 for the pair of rear shackles. then i went to metal mart 201st. 64ave. and the metal was 3 dollars and another 3 dollars ta have them cut into shackles. they still need to be drilled though, does any one know the hole size? the dimesions are 7"x2"x3/8" for the shackles.

Steve

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Metal Mart eh, I'll have to give them a call. So your saying that the shackles only cost you 6 bucks total without the bolts?

------------------
91' Yoti with the Son of the Devil screaming at you from behind the wheel!

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeah, and you can buy some cheap grade 8 bolts at 56ave. and production way but i can remember the name of the place.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i used 17mm x (100 i think), and drilled a hole 32/64 once agin that number is off the top of my head, but 17 is correct. This worked great with stock rubber bushing which i replaced at a cost of 40$

------------------
84 xcab shortened 16inches,EFI coversion, Header,2 1/2 exhast, high lift cam, 3
" lift, welded rear,
rear track bar, 3in body lift, 33" comming soon, 24$ paint, flatbed, ready to be beaten, broke and shot.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Well as far as I know its a 18mm bolt and I used a 47/64 bit because its what I had. To convert imperial to metric. Take 47 divide by 64 that equals .734375 times that by 25.4 (mm per inch) and that equals 18.6531mm. Just a little oversize and a simple formula to use to be sure.

Mike.

------------------
FOR SALE:
85 Flat deck toyota, chevy's, new frame, 5.29's, new bearings, detroit rear, true trac front, allpro e brake, new 33's on 15x10 AR aluminums, front axle rebuild, bushwacker cut outs, locking tool box, extended shackles, SR5 buckets, lots of spare parts, email for pics.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey JR what kind of metal were you buying, I got a quote from metal mart at 32$ for a set of shackles at your dimensions.

------------------
Blue 1981 CJ5 33X12.5 tires
*Damnit, anyone see where that door went?"

·
Registered
139 Posts
i just told him they were for shackles so i needed very strong metal, and he went and got it. i don't really have any idea what kind of metal it is though. is that quote with him drilling the holes? maybe thats the extra cost?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.