BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking the other day wouldn't it be cool to have rear locking hubs on my truck...its a pain in the butt if you blow a driveshaft or u joint and have to crawl under there to remove the driveshaft assesmbly so you can drive out in front wheel drive...what do ya think?..i know its a weird idea,but???

·
Registered
382 Posts
My brother can run Aisin hubs on the rear of Air LJ if he wants, normally he keeps the hubs for spares and runs landcruiser solid drive flanges (he has a custom Full Float 9" using Toyota hubs and spindles) The Warn full floater kits also came with locking hubs.... they work well as long as you don't have practical jokers for freinds... too easy to unlock one and watch you struggle to get moving.....

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender/toyota
Soon to require a Mile -per - year speedometer http://www.ottindustries.com

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
Originally posted by ChrisOlson:
[(he has a custom Full Float 9" using Toyota hubs and spindles) The Warn full floater kits also came with locking hubs.... they work well as long as you don't have practical jokers for freinds[/B]
what parts did he use from a toyota to make a full floater 9"? what year where tha donor toyota parts etc. instructions would be nice too. thanks a tonne

------------------
'93 sahara ~ SOA, 2.5" ranchos, shackle reversal, buggy springs all around, CV D-shaft, 35" BFGs, EB 9" rear, EB Dana 44 front, Warn XD9000i, 8 PIAAs, wet okole interior and several battle wounds from mother nature.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Sure, why not. You can buy the warn full floater conversion that comes with locking hubs.

I have my old spindles that I'm gonna figure out a way to mount them on my rear Ford 9" to make a full floater rear axle, and since hubs are cheaper than drive flanges I'll use hubs.

------------------
Dan
-91 Cherokee, 4.5" lift, 33x12.5's
-69 Ford, lots of lift, 38.5's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts