BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few posts regarding shackle flips on the blazers.Could anybody who knows post more details on how exactly this is done?thanx...

------------------
79 blazer k5/ stock except for 33" wild country's
75 skylark w/455 & posi

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cool info Rene..also like your mug shot there... LMAO !!!

------------------
83K5 Silverado
What was that bump?

·
Registered
14 Posts
This shackle flip thingy a magigger seams pretty damn sweet I think I am going to get them for my truck so I can toss my blocks... or maybe leave them and raise the front to match... =-) but any ways I am curious if one of those brackets go on the front of the leaf springs too or just on the back part of them?... thanks for your help

------------------
82 Chev Pick Up 350 4 speed NP205 posi in the rear, 4" lift with 35's and many colours

·
Registered
79 Posts
That set-up is just for the rear of the springs...you will probably need to adjust pinion angle after the flip. You can cut and re-weld the perches or add shims. Lowering the T-case should help also.

Rene

------------------
God hates a coward!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Chances are you won't have to adjust your pinion angle, I've done about 20 of these and they all have been pretty close to bang on.

------------------
90 Sub,496BBC,d60,14b,detroits f+r, 44 boggers,th400,np205,insane ,warn15000,balls of steel

·
Registered
379 Posts
Do ya'll guys know what angle the stock shackle should be at (after inversion/flip) when the truck is at rest?

Everything I can do myself, but the geometry im uncertain about.

Thanks! Erik

------------------
89 YJ, totally modified except for the axles. 76 Army 1 Ton Chevy Pickup. I like any kind of 4x4 and I love overengineering!

·
Registered
160 Posts
the shackle should sit SLIGHTLY rearward.

------------------
90 Sub,496BBC,d60,14b,detroits f+r, 44 boggers,th400,np205,insane ,warn15000,balls of steel

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey thanks for the help... My truck has 4" lift blocks right now so swapping them for a shackle flip should not change things????.. I have know Idea... I also have a 2 piece drive shaft with a center bearing and my T-case/tranny crossmember has been dropped so... I believe that it is already set up...

However These are future plans for in the summer when I have money and time...

ALthough currently I am going through U Joints.. The U joint from the back of the T case blew the cap out in less then a tank of gas... THis surprised me as with a two piece drive shaft their is no angle from the t case and the other two are holding up fine.... Once I pulled my drive shaft out I looked at the Yoke were the U joint connects and on the side that the cap blew out their is a huge wear mark in the yoke that has started to wear into the U bolt to the point were I can not get the U bolt out of the yoke. This is the second U joint that I blew this way however. So I am hoping that replacing the yoke and a new U joint should last a while... I also put in a new center bearing and it runs extremely smooth untill the U joint goes.... Any thoughts...
SO if any one has a yoke for a NP205 transfer case the want to sell gimme an email [email protected]

Thanks

------------------
82 Chev Pick Up 350 4 speed NP205 posi in the rear, 4" lift with 35's and many colours [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts