BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned this about a month ago... looking for springs that'll lift my rear up about 2 inches.

I currently have nicely sagged springs with a set of extended rear shackles added. I realize that this is probably the stock height, but I'd like to have the same distance between the tires and teh front and rear wheel wells.

So, can anyone help me out here? Add-a-leaf? Get them rearched? Look for a new set?

------------------
88 4runner, 22RE with some minor stuff done to it

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by burnt03:
I mentioned this about a month ago... looking for springs that'll lift my rear up about 2 inches.

I currently have nicely sagged springs with a set of extended rear shackles added. I realize that this is probably the stock height, but I'd like to have the same distance between the tires and teh front and rear wheel wells.

So, can anyone help me out here? Add-a-leaf? Get them rearched? Look for a new set?

Get them rearched. You can have them arced a little bigger than stock, and you'll get ven more lift. My 3" lift is rearched springs.

------------------
Now cruisin in a '85 'yota, reg cab, SB, 3" lift, 31" AT... basically stock. Faded red and ugly
http://redsand4x4.cjb.net

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I would add a 2" lift add a lief . works great and fits most budgets ....;. best thing is you can do it your self with no real special tools .

------------------
is that u up there :)
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/flats/1738

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't suppose you have an extra one laying around, would you slacker?

------------------

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I wish I did for ya , they run about $90 last time I checked . Another trick a bud (toyota tech) did was to add some coil springs into the picture which would be even easier . Hes had them on his runner for about 4 years with no adverse probs . This is not a conventional fix . There are skeptics out there , but it works .

------------------

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the add-a-leaf sounds the best right now. I'll check at that spring shop on teh westside.. any other suggestions here around town?

And I guess if I have the springs off I might as well pull them apart, get some of the rust off and repaint them? Whereabouts does the AAL insert in? (top/bottom, etc)

------------------

·
Registered
68 Posts
How much lift do 91 toy rear springs give ya?

------------------
81 pickup, 3" lift, 33's, header, k&n
88 runner, v6, 3" body lift, 33's, k&n

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alrighty, when are you going to be at the shop? You can see my ******* bracing job of the front bumper too!

------------------

·
Registered
210 Posts
'91 rear leafs would fit on a 88 toy would they not? Same size and all?

------------------
Modifications? Lets see...... rear end drag from moose hunting, custom built canopy door, Pioneer deck with two, thats right two 6X9s, and bent bumper cowling from stupid wheeling move :) :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Originally posted by Ride:
'91 rear leafs would fit on a 88 toy would they not? Same size and all?

No, you would have to move the front mount forward about 3"
But it does give you that little bit of lift.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just threw on chevy s-10 springs on my 87 yota on monday, and its way better than the adda leaf setup that i used to have, WAY better ride/flex, and no mods required to the truck itself

------------------
87 Yota SR5 4x4 and oh yeah its only got 10,000 k's :)

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Shawn ..... i'm usually there around lunch almost every day ... I sometimes have running around to do .. but usually there .
I have my son this week so its kinda touch and go ..

------------------

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The S10 springs required NO changes at all? Might have to look into that

Ok Slacker, I'll drop in every once in a while and see if I can find you

------------------

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.