BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Silverback
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I saw this picture/write-up of a storage box for the back of a Wrangler, but I can't remember when or where I stumbled onto it. I'm pretty sure it was in one of the mags, in their "new products" section or something, but I've checked all mine and can't find it. Every search I do on the web turns up the usual suspects: Tuffy, Jeepbox, Steelhorse, etc, but I'm pretty sure this one is from someone else. It fills the whole back, from the tailgate to the front of the fenders, and is the height of the fenders. It was black heavy duty aluminum or something, and it had 2 doors on top so you could access it from either side of the jeep seperately. You could also get into it through the tailgate opening. I really wanna find out more about this as it's basically exactly what I want. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?? Don't call me crazy... I really did see this somewhere!!!

------------------
-'95 YJ

·
Silverback
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?
Who has a rear storage box in their YJ/CJ/TJ, and if so: who made it??
Any home-made ones? I have an idea for mine, I just need to check the specs and price of this mysterious one I can't find.

------------------
-'95 YJ

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I measured up a piece of 3/4" plywood, cut it in half, carpeted it and made a lid for the cargo area of my Jeep. It is held in place by bolts with cotter pins through them.

I also Fed the lead from my alarm systems door entry feature to the bolts so that if somebody tampers with it the alarm will go off.

Works great, keeps my lunchbox out of view and safe.

------------------
1997 TJ 4"lift. It's not what you drive, it's HOW you drive it.

[This message has been edited by 4Lo (edited February 23, 2002).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.