BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck seems to be buring too much gas.
what can i do to tune/clean up my FI system??

tomorow it gets oil, filters, S plugs, bushbumper, and more, what else should i be doing????

i am a bit heavy on the gas but i think something might be amiss or a bit off, should i change my cap/rotor and or leads?

a "tune up" on a truck seems to be alot dif them on a bike. on a bike you adjust valaves, syncronize the carbs, flush the brk fluid, fork oil, and eng oil. I cant seem to find anything to do on this engine.

i guess my question is what can i do to get the truck running more smothly {not that is running poorly}?

thx alot

------------------
**WANTED** used winch {any} and or a winch bumper for my 88 toyota pick-up
email - [email protected]

-Red 1988 short cab toyata v6 31's 3" lift
-white 1992 dr650s, cobra exaust, jetted, stripped down, 14/47 gearing, trackmaster II's

·
Registered
229 Posts
filters (air/fuel)
cap & rotor, plugs, wires
O2 sensor (not standard tune up stuff but can cause bad mileage)
timing
injector flush (more $$$)

There is always more but these should help with the mileage a little. That bumper on the other hand is going to drag down your mileage by at least 10mpg, but I suppose that I could take it off your hands if you want.
hehe

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just what do you concider bad mileage, its not a honda civic! My last truck only got like 400Km's to a tank, and that was with the 22RE. Although my newer V6 gets like the same mileage, maybe a bit better. Put headers on your truck too, that makes a huge differance, and it will go like snot too... one word... Downey!

------------------
Love is like a snowmobile ride across the frozen tundra.
Then your ski doo flips pinning you underneath...
At night the Ice Weasels come!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I'm only getting about 10mpg or so, I figure if I want a capable truck,it's going to use fuel.
If I had 45 000 bucks I'd buy a new diesel and get 20mpg.
But I don't so I won't.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, extended shackles, 1 inch body lift, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, SM420, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Registered
389 Posts
if you have big tires and stock gearing, i really wouldnt worrie,i was getting 300 km to a tank with 33 and stock toy gear, all toys gas pots get crap for fuel milage once lifted and bigger tires, ,went desial less power then 22re/22r moter but fuel milage just kicks but and cant compare

Originally posted by [email protected]:
my truck seems to be buring too much gas.
what can i do to tune/clean up my FI system??

tomorow it gets oil, filters, S plugs, bushbumper, and more, what else should i be doing????

i am a bit heavy on the gas but i think something might be amiss or a bit off, should i change my cap/rotor and or leads?

a "tune up" on a truck seems to be alot dif them on a bike. on a bike you adjust valaves, syncronize the carbs, flush the brk fluid, fork oil, and eng oil. I cant seem to find anything to do on this engine.

i guess my question is what can i do to get the truck running more smothly {not that is running poorly}?

thx alot

------------------
"4x4s eat MORE BUSH!!!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts