BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went out and bought what i think is all the recovery gear i need for the truck today. I got:

Hi-Jack extreme
wide base for hijack
tow strap
2 tow hooks for front, am going to bolt them on soon
d hook receiver
HD tire repair kit
9' of 3/8 70 grade chain with clevus hook on one end, and chain hook on the other
have a good spade shovel

I guess i probably need a ccompressor as well, of course bringing tools blankets fire starters, and spare parts as required heh.

What else does everyone else have in their basic kits?

Thanks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
you sound like you're set, but if you're looking to get more, think about a come-along. a hi-jack will work, but they will only drag your truck the legnth of the jack. maybe get some ether and learn how to re-seat a tire bead?

search the board, and you'll find more. this has been covered a few times, i think there's a sticky somewhere

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
You've got what I currently carry, except for a tree saver strap, but since you don't have a winch or hand winch its irrelevant. You might want to consider a hand winch, come-a-long, or something similiar, not only usefull for self recovery but good for pulling axles back into position after a broken spring center pin or control arm failure.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My camping gear contains a hatchet, but good call on a full sized axe. I was actually thinking of getting a mid sized chainsaw. Can clear almost anything with a 2' bar and some time if you need to LOL

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Hi-Jack extreme
wide base for hijack
tow strap
2 tow hooks for front, am going to bolt them on soon
d hook receiver
HD tire repair kit
9' of 3/8 70 grade chain with clevus hook on one end, and chain hook on the other
have a good spade shovel
Looks pretty good.

You never seem to have everything, but I started carrying an extra tug strap, and I always carried 3-7 clevis'. One time I killed a strap and a tree saver, and we were lacking in the clevis department because most people only had one or two.

I carried a foldable bow saw, and my wheeling buddy had the chainsaw.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts