BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a problem, I am trying to figure out this relay for my bush lights.

Here is the senario.

It is a crappy tire relay made by Blazer, If anyone recongizes it. It has 5 prongs on it. 1. For Fused Power in.
2. To Ground.
3 To Switch.
4 and 5 go to the lights.

My problem is that I cann't figure out where the grounds go. Do I have a ground go from the switch to the truck? and the Lights Ground themselves to the truck??? and the relay ground itself aswell?

Or the lights have a complete circuit on plong 4 and 5 and then they get grounded through the ground prong on the relay. Then have the switch Ground itself somewhere. I dont' know, cant figure out this little sucker.

Any help would be great. thx

Flyboy

------------------
Learnin' Still Learnin' and always learnin'...bare with me!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
you are only going to use one prong for both the lights. and what is this 12345 crap? they should be 30,85,86,86a,87. the switch needs to be grounded, the relay needs to be grounded, and if the lights only have one wire coming from them, they are grounded through the mounting bolts.

------------------
it's a jeep thing, no one understands...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What the hell are you talking about, 1 does mean 85, 2 does mean 86 3 does mean 30/50 4 and 5 DO mean 87 87a. But I decided to put it in code to see if anyone could figure that out. Congrats man.

LOL

Ah I see thoough...but why would there be 2 prongs for the lights. Is that in case you have multipule sets?

-Flyboy

------------------

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
what would happen if you connected to 87 and 87a is: the light connected to 87 would come on for a sec, and then 87a would stay on steadily (i think).

------------------
it's a jeep thing, no one understands...

·
Registered
183 Posts
easiest is to put the powers together on the lights then you dont need to use 87a the middle one.. and the ground grounds to a metal surface

------------------
81 3/4 ton chevy w/ 7" susp lift & 3" body lift
NEW 35" mud-terrains, pro-comp off-road lights
OH DID I MENSION I HAVE AN alarm!?
<SPORTIN A CHEVY> <BeCaUsE Im SiLlY lIkE tHaT!!!>

·
Registered
183 Posts
i sent you a relay wiring diagram that should solve your problems .. check yur mail

------------------
81 3/4 ton chevy w/ 7" susp lift & 3" body lift
NEW 35" mud-terrains, pro-comp off-road lights
OH DID I MENSION I HAVE AN alarm!?
<SPORTIN A CHEVY> <BeCaUsE Im SiLlY lIkE tHaT!!!>

G

·
87a and 87 one is normally open and one is normally closed look on the side of it there should be a schamatic on it

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx Guys that helps alot.

But I am still curious on the 87a. Cound it be for completing the circuit, out 87 and back in 87a to complete the circuit in series. Then the relay ground grounds the system?

I know nothing. Just a thought.

Flyboy

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.