BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

I drive an 89' slammy with a low perch Spoa and 31 m/t's. I have read and talked with several people who advised me to remove my swaybar, stating that it really has no use except to limit articulation. Now I do use my truck as a daily driver, but I am not racing it around on the streets, so.... Should I just take it out? I suppose I could always throw it back on if I disliked the drive. Just wanting your opinions.

Jack Funk over and out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Originally posted by jackfunk:
hey all,

I drive an 89' slammy with a low perch Spoa and 31 m/t's. I have read and talked with several people who advised me to remove my swaybar, stating that it really has no use except to limit articulation. Now I do use my truck as a daily driver, but I am not racing it around on the streets, so.... Should I just take it out? I suppose I could always throw it back on if I disliked the drive. Just wanting your opinions.

Jack Funk over and out.
THROW IT OUT !!! I run my SPOA and 31's every day and it rides great in town and on the hwy , and when I'm wheeling it's a whole new truck!!! THROW IT OUT !!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I agree.Throw it out.First thing I did when I bought my Suzuki.

------------------
87 Samurai, 92 fuel injected 1.6 ltr.,s.o.a., 5.13 r/p, birfield rings, 2" exhaust, 32/11.5 mud kings, breeze steering and missing links, 5012 up front with custom towers, toyota mr-2 seats, breeze trac bar, custom rock sliders and still going.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Originally posted by MRTracker:
would that work fine for a tracker or sidkick too?

So does anyone know if taking the stabalizer bar of a Tracker, would make it go better off rd?

------------------
Little Tracker lookin' for big fun!

·
Registered
394 Posts
would that work fine for a tracker or sidkick too?

So does anyone know if taking the stabalizer bar of a Tracker, would make it go better off rd?

Try it and find out. It doesn't take long to remove sway bars usually. I removed mine on my '87 Samurai and didn't noticed much difference. I concluded that the bumpstops were hindering flex. After removing the bumpstops (and not having the sway bar connected) I noticed a dramatic improvment in flex.

------------------
jo-jo
http://island4x4.com

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well the thing I was wondering about was that Tracker's and Sidekicks have independent front ends, so I was just wondering if it would make mutch of a difference?

------------------

·
Registered
53 Posts
I drive a 2000 Grand Vitara, which is a fairly similar suspention to the Sidekick/Tracker. I have my swaybar removed and notice very litttle difference on road, and a HUGE difference off-road. Independant front ends are hard enough to get to flex by themselves, so imagine a swaybar getting in the way! Keep in mind though that I also have stiffer lift coils. On-road, you will notice that the wind and wierd humps on the road will want to push you around a little more, so you have to keep a little more alert. A quickrelease would be great, but on this type of suspention, there in not really anywhere for the disconnected swaybay to tuck up out of the way, the control arms get in the way, and it can't be folded backwards because of the angle of the frame rails.
I also have a 1983 SJ410, and up till '83 they never even came with swaybars...enough said.

------------------
2000 Zuki GV, 2.5"calmini lift, 1" coil spacers, BFG AT's...
1983 SJ410, 1000cc, stock for now...

·
Registered
133 Posts
I removed the Sway bar on my Tracker it feels quite a bit differant. I haven't tried it off road yet but I hope it's better!

------------------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts