BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into a whole bunch of rusty screws when removing the hard top off my Samurai, I broke some of the heads off. So now how do I remove the rest of the screw? It's flush with the metal around it, so I can't vice-grip it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
get yourself a set of easy outs and soak the rest of the bolt in liquid wrench, you drill a hole in the center of whats left of the bolt and thread in the easy out then use a wrench to turn the easy out, alot of the time they don't work like the name suggests, but good luck

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've tried all the other and this works best. soak it in overnight with movit from lordco or other auto suppliers. Penetrates and works better than liquid wrench.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've tried all the other and this works best. soak it in overnight with movit from lordco or other auto suppliers. Penetrates and works better than liquid wrench.
That would have been a good idea if I hadn't already broken the head off the screw...

·
Registered
296 Posts
As you no doubt figured out by now Zuki bolts are crap, almost every one you touch crumbles. Its like they made the bolts out of pot-metal. Get urself an impact driver, the movit-****. For the ones u've snapped already maybe try to re-tap or drill thruogh and use a bolt/nut combo, after you make a mess with the not so easy-outs. The problem I see with easy outs is that when you thread it in ur actually expanding the remaining metal of the bolt against the original threads .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts