BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have some slop in my rear diff carrier, I think it is my diff bearing, but not sure, the slop is where the shaft enters the carrier, there is some side to side slop. Anythoughts on whether I am right or wrong.

As well I have also been told that you dont' want to go into a diff unless you know what your doing, I am trying to learn how to do all my work myself so I dont' really want to take it to a garage. Anyone out there know or able to take a look and fix, replace what ever needs to be done to it for cheaper than the garage. I also want to watch and learn so I know for the future.Let me know.

Oh ya I am in Burnaby

-Flyboy

·
Registered
61 Posts
I will try and find out what you need up here if it's something I have like if the parts out of a front 1987 3.73 gear will work for you it's yours tell me what time and day to drop it off at the airport n/c hey second thought I'll trade you for a pair of sunglasses.......

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Rhino, I have been wanting to get ahold of ya, but I formated my comp a few weeks back and lost all that info like your Email and Number and stuff.

If you have something that would be great. It is my rear Diff where the slop is. There is a clankin noise comin from somewhere around there and I think that is the culprit.
It's right at the driveshaft entrance, and I think that is what is causing some of my clutch woahs as well.

I am in K-Town this monday I will bring up your sunglasses for ya, and perhaps I can swing by if you around and take alooksy at what ya got.

Let me know.

LOL Your sunglasses are still in the same place they were...Right beside my keyboard.

-Flyboy

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've got a complete 3rd member that I'll give ya. My e.mail has been toast for a month so I've really missed alot sorry to hear things are giving you some hassel I will do what ever I can...........talk to you later

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Rhino, is your number in the phonebook, I beleive I have misplaced yours, Like I said I will be in Monday, if we could hook up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts