BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need to know if I can have the floor of my 81Toyota replaced or metal welded over. If you were with us on Dec26th you saw me stuck in the huge mud puddle, well I forgot about the hole in the floor that is rusted right threw and my cab started filling up with water and mud now I've never had to do anything like this so is it possible?

------------------
81 Toyota 4X4
It's not pretty but it was free and i'm gonna beat it till it dies!

·
Registered
50 Posts
yes it is totally possible, i had to have it done to one of my old toys. if its at the cab mount and you want to keep access to the mount its a little more tricky, if you don't care then you can just weld new metal over the hole, fairley simple job

------------------
when in doubt, hammer the gas
81 toy 4.5-5"lift, rebuilt 22r, homebuilt bumpers, 33 mud kings JDgreen, 4.37's

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I did it to my cruiser then fiberglassed the whole thing

------------------
jeeps are for girls...
....cute ones!!
79 FJ cocked,locked and ready to unload!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
yup should be easy to do!
Just prep all the new metal and prep the floor and then weld in the new stuff. Throw some bed liner over the whole interior floor afterwards to fully waterproof it and it looks alot nicer and protects you from an inspection-cause cops dont like pieces of metal welded to the floor-at least they dont around here!
Brett

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
-TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE RAISED NOT LOWERED-

·
Registered
84 Posts
If it is only a small hole and not structural just fiberglass it that way you don't have to pay for the welding.

------------------
"84"4runner,35's 6"lift,5:29's-welded in to one solid block of spiders.

I don't wanna roll,I don't wanna roll,GOD please don't let me roll!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts