BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone here has any knowledge on how to, and how hard it is to replace a blown head gasket in a 3B engine for a 1986 BJ60 Landcruiser. :help:

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you haven't been to ih8mud.com, you should definately go there....best place for cruiser info.

bad news is, there's pretty much always cracked precups and sometimes cracked head to go along with the headgasket on the old 3b's..

kinda snowballs...

cheers,
ryan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou for the reply, I did post a thread on IH8MUD a while ago, but nothing came up. And I kinda figured it wouldnt just be as simple as replacing the gasket.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Talk to Steve at EBI, he's in your neck of the woods. I've gotten most of my parts from him, very reasonable. He might have a running 3b lying around that would be cheaper than a re-build. If you have the extra $$, a japanese 13bt would be a nice upgrade. If you don't have a manual for it all ready, get one, pull the head and see how bad it is.:beer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.