BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up some prerunner bumpers off ebay and they got some rust on it. what do you guys recommend. sand/tremclad or should i sand it then use bedliner on it. im assuming the bedliner will be more durable.

would sandblasting it be better? any place in RMD

also anyone know any local weleders in Richmond or south Vancouver. I want some of the welds strengthened.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
If you use a spray on bed liner dont use the cheap stuff I used it on the bed of my truck and it comes off with the slightest hit. I would say sand em', prime em', then tremclad em'.

·
Registered
465 Posts
if u want it to look good and last long time would suggest ya powder coat it.. but it might be little more expensive than tremican paint and stuff.. but its hard to stratch them.. and they do last long time..

up to ya but if u are going to paint them once a year or something.. go for tremican (sp)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, got some rust inhibitor stuff. so after i clean it off and stop the rust i'll move on. im thinking of using rubber asphalt for inside the tubes and spraying the exterior with bedliner

·
Registered
574 Posts
If your doing bedliner i recommend the Herculiner. I8 just did my bed and man, thats some gnarly stuff, im sure it will hold up better than any paint will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts