BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My reverse lights are not working and for the life of me I can't figure out where the shor tis. Does anyone know a way to see if the reverse switch in the tranny is working or not? I know the light bulbs work so its not that. If anyone has anythoughts I would appreshiate it muchly.

-Flyboy

------------------
Learnin' Still Learnin' and always learnin'...bare with me!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine are the same bloody thing, and i can t figure it out for the life of me

·
Registered
87 Posts
Take the switch out of the tranny and you'll see a button thing on the end. Push the button and use an ohm meter connected to the wires to check for a connection. If there is no connection, or you just don't have an ohm meter, you can take the switch apart. I took mine apart and it was really corroded, so I cleaned it up and it worked. It's been awile though, and they don't work any more, so I'm gonna seal the switch with silicone when I fix it again someday.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had alot of problems due to broken wires and bad grounds. If your truck has seen lots of water and mud...good luck to ya ! To top it off the copper wire turns black over time and doesnt ground well or even solder well.

------------------
ZookPower

·
Registered
353 Posts
Try replacing the switch. They are very cheap from Lordco or...? If you have a newer tranny (89 +?) you will also have the 5th gear switch that leans the mixture when the truck is in 5th so make certain you replace the correct switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts