BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of doing the reverse shackle thing but have a few questions..... will i need to modify anything else like lengthening the drive shaft or something??????????? and also can i do the same thing to the front end or do i need to get longer srings?????????? does anyone know about this

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well, your post is hard to understand, and it really belongs in the Chev forum, but I'll see what I can do..

I think your talking about a rear shackle flip correct? Typicaly they'll give you approx 4" of lift. Are you looking to get rid of your 4" rancho blocks under there? Or are you looking for an additional 4" of lift(8" total) If your just takeing the block out, then you won't have to worry about driveshaft length. But anything more than 6" suspension lift and you'll probably need a longer drive shaft.

You cannot do this to your front springs as they're already "flipped" You can get longer shackles, but not long enough to give you more than 2" of lift. And typicaly, you install springs with more arc to them, not longer (well maybe a wee bit).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.